I’m so excited to join some fabulous bloggers today and take part in a virtual bridal shower to celebrate the upcoming wedding of Sally McKenney, of Sally’s Baking Addiction! Yay! (Throwing sprinkles and confetti in the air!). We are all sharing recipes full of one of Sally’s favorite things, SPRINKLES!
I absolutely adore Sally and it has been SO awesome to watch her become such a bright star in the baking world. Sally was one of the first people to regularly comment on my blog when I first began blogging, and I’ve always felt like we share very similar tastes and baking favorites. EVERYTHING that Sally makes has me drooling! I always love the ingredients Sally uses, and our mutual love of sprinkles, muffins and tucking Greek yogurt into recipes always keeps me coming back to her blog for her amazing recipes and inspiration.
Between her incredible, sprinkle filled website and her absolutely amazing book, Sally is one busy girl! And if all of the cookies and sprinkles weren’t enough to keep her busy, Sally is getting married! It has been SO fabulous to watch her share so much of her engagement with Kevin, her life, her wonderful pup, Jude and all of the fun behind the scenes photos and stories she shares.
When I was invited to make a sprinkle recipe to celebrate Sally’s upcoming wedding, the first thing I thought of was muffins. Sally and I both love muffins, and when I think of Sally, sprinkles and muffins are probably the first two items to come to mind, so sweet sprinkle filled muffins it is!
These sprinkle banana muffins have more than just sprinkles though, they also feature bananas, white chocolate chips and lots of vanilla flavor. Who says you can’t start your day with a little sprinkle party? Not me! And I’m guessing Sally will support early morning sprinkle consumption. 🙂
MORE DELICIOUS BANANA RECIPES TO TRY:
- Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Vanilla Banana Muffins
- Butterscotch Banana Muffins
- Pumpkin Banana Muffins
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Banana Bread Muffins
- Simple Banana Bread
Vanilla Banana Muffins
Vanilla Banana Muffins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 very ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP vanilla bean paste you can leave this out if needed
- 1-1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup sprinkles in color s of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add in white chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of the sprinkles. Mix until combined.
- In a blender, food processor or with an electric mixer, puree bananas until smooth. Add in Greek yogurt, mix until smooth. Add in vanilla, vanilla bean paste, sugar and eggs, mix until smooth. Stir in melted vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, stirring until just mixed, do not over stir. Scoop into muffin pans with liners, filling about 2/3 of the way full. Once all cups are full, top with a sprinkle of sprinkles.
- Place in oven and IMMEDIATELY reduce the temperature to 350 degrees. Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly brown, and a toothpick or knife inserted into center comes out clean. Allow to cool. Serve, celebrate and enjoy!
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Looking for a regular banana muffin recipe? Check out my BANANA BREAD MUFFINS.
Sally, I wish you all the best, and a lifetime of love, friendship, happiness, patience, peace and laughter. You have such a very bright future together, and I have no doubt that your marriage is going to be amazing, as everything you do is! XOXO Congratulations my friend, much love and well wishes!
Make sure to visit all of the other bloggers who are sprinkling Sally with lots of bridal well wishes today!
Chocolate Swiss Roll Cake from Lauren’s Latest
Funfetti Cookie Dough Balls from Averie Cooks
Cake Batter Funfetti Cookies from Diethood
Cake Batter Popcorn from I Heart Naptime
Confetti Cookie Milkshake from Bake Your Day
Cake Batter Ice Cream Balls from Oh, Sweet Basil
Frosted Sugar Cookies from Roxana’s Home Baking
Peanut Butter Filled Doughnuts from Crazy For Crust
Funfetti Sugar Cookie Cups from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
Shirley Temple from Damn Delicious
Funfetti Pudding Mix Cookies from Cooking Classy
Cherry Chocolate Chip Cupcakes from The Messy Baker
Chocolate Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars from Handle the Heat
Vanilla Banana Muffins from Love From the Oven
Homemade Funfetti Yellow Birthday Cake from Ambitious Kitchen
Frosting Filled Deep Dish Cake Batter Cookies from The Domestic Rebel