With just 4 ingredients and one pan, this Blueberry Dump Cake recipe is as easy as it gets. Fresh blueberries and sweet blueberry pie filling helps form a dessert bursting with juicy berry flavor.
I firmly believe that everyone needs to know how to make a dump cake. When you’re short on time, energy or mixing bowls, a good dump cake recipe is a life saver.
This dump cake, like most, isn’t like the type of cake you cut a perfectly shaped slice out of. It’s a bit more like a pie and cake combined, and stirred up a bit. Grab a bowl or a ramekin and a scoop of this flavorful blueberry treat!
Blueberry Dump Cake
Right now, I’m loving all things blueberry. When I see blueberries on sale, I snap up as many as I can. In the spring and summer, it’s easier than ever to find blueberries at peak ripeness and sweetness.
With Blueberry Dump Cake, you get twice the berry fun–both thickened blueberry pie filling and fresh plump blueberries go in one pan, with yellow cake mix to pull everything together. Using blueberry pie filling in dump cake is a stroke of genius that lets you enjoy the taste of a blueberry pie without any of the work!
This dump cake pairs perfectly with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream for an out-of-this-world dessert experience!
No one will guess how easy this blueberry pie filling dump cake is to make, either.
Blueberry Dump Cake Recipe
You only need four ingredients for this blueberry dump cake recipe:
- Cake mix – I used yellow cake mix but white cake mix would work beautifully, too! You could even use a lemon cake mix! You are not MAKING the cake, you are just using the dry cake mix.
- Unsalted butter – Keep your butter cold, it makes it easier to divide it more easily into little pats for putting over the cake mix.
- Blueberry pie filling – Any brand you like will work here! If you can’t find a can that specifically says “pie filling” you can substitute canned blueberries in syrup.
- Fresh blueberries – Do not substitute frozen berries. The liquid will seem into the cake mix, discoloring it and making it soggy.
That’s it! Trust me on this. Oh and the best part? You mix and bake blueberry dump cake all in the same pan.
How to Make
- Dump the canned blueberries or pie filling into a 9 x 13 pan. Add white or yellow cake mix on top.
- Add pats of butter to the top of the cake mix, followed by the fresh blueberries.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the crumbly top starts to look golden brown.
See? Easy peasy and only one dish to wash!
I love to serve this while still warm. There’s nothing more satisfying than when your cake gets your ice cream just a bit melty! This blueberry dump cake is also a home run served with a dollop of whipped cream.
If you like my Blueberry Dump Cake recipe you’ll also want to try . . .
- Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake
- Chef’s Table Cheesecake
- Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Peach Dump Cake
- Blackberry Cobbler
Blueberry Dump Cake
- 1 box cake mix white or yellow
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 21 oz cans blueberry pie filling
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F and lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Dump both cans of pie filling into the pan and spread it evenly so that no part of the bottom of the pan is visible. Use a spoon or measuring cup to sprinkle the dry cake mix over the blueberry filling. Do your best to cover the blueberries evenly.
- Add the butter in pats to cover the cake mix, then sprinkle in the fresh blueberries.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top looks golden brown. Serve warm on its own or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.