When it comes to homemade peach desserts, it doesn’t get any easier than Peach Dump Cake! Juicy peaches baked with cake mix for a peach cobbler dump cake that everyone loves.
Reasons To Make This Peach Dump Cake
- If you are craving comfort food, this recipe hits the spot.
- You only need four ingredients: peaches, a cake mix, butter and cinnamon.
- No bowl required, the entire recipe comes together right in a 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Easy clean up!
- It’s so easy to make that it’s a fantastic recipe for making with the kids, even little ones can handle this one.
- This is a crowd pleaser, especially when served warm with a scoop of ice cream on top.
A Quick And Easy Peach Cake
I love the name “dump cake” because it’s almost comically accurate; you’re literally dumping everything into one pan, sticking it in the oven and calling it a day! This dump cake recipe uses canned peaches and yellow cake mix kissed with cinnamon.
As much as I love baking from scratch, sometimes a girl needs a recipe that requires little to no mental or physical effort–and as few dishes to wash as possible, if you please. This dump cake checks all those boxes.
With only four ingredients and no mixing bowl required, you’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time when Peach Dump Cake is on your dessert menu.
A Great Recipe To Make With The Kids
This recipe is a great one to make with the kids. Between it’s simple ingredients and limited measuring, it’s one they can really feel successful with. The cake you see here was actually made by my ten year old daughter.
Best of all, it’s one of the tastiest easy peach dessert recipes I’ve tried. Sweet and juicy peaches are made even better with the addition of cinnamon and the buttery cake crumb. In my opinion, this dump cake is the perfect blend of cake and cobbler. Plus, any dessert that you can use as a vehicle for ice cream is going to be a guaranteed hit at my house!
Peach Cobbler Dump Cake
This dump cake reminds me a lot of Peach Cobbler or a peach crisp. It’s the kind of cake you eat in a big bowl with a spoon. Add some vanilla ice cream on top or a hearty helping of whipped cream and you have a dessert that amounts to summer in a bowl.
It may taste like summer, but since this Peach Cobbler Dump Cake uses canned peaches you can make it all year long. No need to wait for peach season to enjoy this peachy keen dessert.
Ingredients At A Glance
You only need four ingredients to make Peach Dump Cake. I promise. Four. Really!
- Canned peaches — Look for the kind in heavy syrup. You can also substitute peach pie filling here.
- Yellow cake mix — White cake mix can substitute if necessary but I prefer the taste of the yellow cake here.
- Butter — I recommend unsalted but salted will work too. Make sure to soften it before adding to the recipe.
- Cinnamon — The final touch that makes the peach flavor shine even brighter!
How to Make Peach Dump Cake
- Dump peaches in their syrup into a greased cake pan. Add the cinnamon to the box of cake mix, then sprinkle the mixture over the peaches evenly.
- Drop pats of butter over everything.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the cake mix topping looks golden brown. Enjoy warm!
Keep a can of peaches and cake mix on hand and you’ll be ready to make a delicious peach dump cake at the drop of a hat!
More Fruit Filled Dessert Recipes To Try
- Apple Cobbler
- Blueberry Dump Cake
- Blueberry Buckle
- Bisquick Strawberry Shortcake
- Mixed Berry Crumble Bars
- Peach Cobbler Made With Canned Peaches
Peach Dump Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 29 - 32 oz. can peaches in heavy syrup or peach pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Dump the whole can of peaches into the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle cake mix evenly over the peaches. Dot the top of the cake mix with pats of butter. Sprinkle cinnamon evenly over ingredients.
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until the top looks golden brown. Remove and let cool for a few minutes. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.