If you love blondies, get ready to take them to a whole new level with these Carmel Blondies. These caramel blondies are packed with chocolate chips, caramel and pretzels, and are finished off with sea salt flakes. Rich, chewy and delicious.
This blondie recipe is adapted from the Never-Fail Blondie Bar recipe in one of my favorite cookbooks, “The Weeknight Dinner Cookbook” by Mary Younkin of Barefeet In The Kitchen. It’s a fantastic cookbook full of fabulous, from-scratch recipes that you can easily make in your own home. I make at least one meal a week from her book, if not more! Mary also happens to be one of my dearest friends in real life
Back to our blondies! In this recipe you’ll find caramel in the middle of the blondies, chocolate chips throughout and pretzels on top. While I used cute little mini-pretzels, you could also use pretzel twists or sticks. You could even coarsely chop up full-size pretzels and use them, use whatever you have! You just want to make sure to get some crunchy pretzels on the top.
I know you’ll enjoy this amazingly delicious and incredibly simple recipe for caramel blondies as much as we do!
Caramel Pretzel Blondie Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt I highly recommend Maldon Sea Salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 bag Kraft Caramel Bits
- 1/2 cup mini-pretzels
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper or line with foil and grease the foil very well. Due to the caramel in this recipe, it can be sticky, so don’t skip greasing the pan.
- 2. To make the blondies, in a large bowl, stir together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and stir to combine. Stir in the flour and salt, just until combined. Stir in ½ cup of the chocolate chips, reserving ¼ cup to use later in the recipe.
- 3. Scoop half of the batter into the prepared pan and spread to cover the bottom of the pan. Set remaining batter aside. Bake for 10 minutes then remove from oven to top with caramel.
- 4. Prepare Kraft Caramel Bits as directed on the package. Remove pan from oven and pour melted caramel over blondie batter. Carefully top the caramel with the remaining blondie batter. Sprinkle mini-pretzels and remaining chocolate chips over the top of the batter.
- 5. Return to oven and bake for approximately 18-20 minutes. The blondies should be slightly browned along the edges. Cool in the pan for at least 20 minutes and then lift the blondies out by the parchment paper or foil and set on a wire cooling rack to finish cooling before slicing and storing in an airtight container.