Everybody loves these deliciously chewy Brown Butter Blondies. A sink your teeth into treat, these chocolate chip blondies are not only tasty, they are incredibly easy to make! You get the amazing texture of a brownie, combined with a classic cookie taste. With just a handful of ingredients and less than an hours time, this is my go to dessert when I need something quick.
Reasons To Make Brown Butter Blondies
- They combine a rich, buttery flavor with a perfectly chewy texture.
- You can whip a batch up in a matter of minutes, this recipe is FAST.
- Chocolate chip cookies are a favorite of yours, but you hate the time it takes to make all those cookies.
- The recipe is flexible, you can use any kind of chocolate chip and add nuts if you like.
When I say this is one of my go to dessert recipes, I am not exaggerating. These blondies are so quick, and the results are completely dependable. This recipe is based on my friend Mary‘s Never Fail Blondie Bars from her Weeknight Dinner Cookbook. Never fail is pretty darn accurate with this recipe!
It doesn’t get much simpler than this when it comes to ingredients. All you need is butter, flour, brown sugar, eggs, salt, vanilla and chocolate chips. That’s it. You don’t even need baking powder or baking soda. Aside from browning the butter, all of the ingredients are mixed together on one bowl. I find this recipe very easy to whip up while I’ve got dinner on the stove.
While I have made these blondies countless times, exactly as Mary instructs in her book, my daughter suggested I try them with brown butter. Who am I to turn down the idea of brown butter anything? Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of my favorites! You get a little more depth of flavor with the brown butter, but honestly these blondies are still tremendous even if you skip that step and just make Mary’s traditional recipe.
If you’ve never browned butter, no worries, it’s simple. I highly recommend this post on How To Make Brown Butter (with video) to learn more. The thing with brown butter is you have to stay on top of it, which is why I never manage to get a photo of it while I’m making it, so the Simply Recipes post will help you out with that if you need it.
More Blondie Recipes
If you are like me and can’t get enough blondies, I’ve got a few more recipes to suggest. Pumpkin Blondies are great this time of year, as are Caramel Blondies. Caramel Pretzel Blondies are always a huge hit when I make them. Mary’s Pecan Praline Blondie recipe is not to be missed and Peanut Butter Blondie from Sally’s Baking Addiction is a fun twist on the classic blondie.
Brown Butter Blondies
- 1/2 cup browned butter melted and cooled (1 stick = 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper or line with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- To make the blondies, in a large bowl, stir together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and stir to combine. Stir in the flour and salt, just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips until just combined.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 22-28 minutes or until they are slightly browned around the edges and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out with moist crumbs. Take care not to over bake, which will reduce the great chewy texture. Cool in pan, on a wire rack, for at least 20 minutes, then remove and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. Slice and serve. Store tightly covered.