Another super easy ice cream recipe for you! Are you a chocolate chip cookie fan? Then this has your name written all over it. Heck, this has everyone’s name written all over it.
How. Awesome. Is. That??? I can only take credit for the ice cream, those incredible chocolate chip cookie ice cones, those are from Cone Guys. It’s a chocolate chip cookie CONE. Did you hear that people??? How is this not front page news that such a thing exists? A cone that’s a cookie, a cookie that’s a cone. It’s all kinds of brilliant.
The ice cream is SO easy to make. Like throw a few things into the ice cream maker and call it good, no special cooking or anything like that required. And it’s delish. You can make these with homemade cookies or store bought cookies, whatever works for YOU. You could even use cookie dough, but personally I like some crunch in my ice cream, and far prefer using a baked cookie (especially a crispy one) in my ice cream to the dough. Now, outside of ice cream, I’ll go for the dough, but there is something about the cold and creamy ice cream with the crunchy cookie – ahhh, good stuff.
Okay, let’s make this! You can check out this post for a bit more detail on this homemade vanilla ice cream base.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Cones
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1-1/8 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1-1/2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean
- 16 chocolate chip cookies broken into pieces
- 1/2-1 cup of mini chocolate chips
- Optional - your favorite ice cream cones - Cone Guys Chocolate Chip Cones are perfect
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a hand mixer on low speed to combine the milk and sugar until the sugar is dissolved, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla.
- Slice open your vanilla bean, scrape out seeds and add to the mixture.
- Turn the machine on; pour the mixture into freezer bowl, and let mix until thickened, about 20 to 25 minutes. The ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture.
- Scoop your ice cream out and into a freezer safe container.
- Mix in your crushed chocolate chip cookies and chocolate chips.
- If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours. Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy in bowls or on top of cones.
Looking for some other yummy ways to chill out? Here you go!