Homemade Cookies And Cream Ice cream is an easy, simple and incredibly delicious summer dessert? Everyone will scream for ice cream when you whip up a batch of this cool and creamy treat.
Not every ice cream recipe is super simple. Last year I made the most amazing chocolate ice cream, it was mind blowingly good, I still dream about it. But it had a lot of steps. Completely and totally worth it, but not something that I’d just whip up on a whim.
Today’s recipe on the other hand, so simple my kiddo could make it. Really. And look at how yummy it is!
Here is what you need to whip up this super simple ice cream… First things first, an ice cream maker. I have a basic Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker.
One thing that this does not have (which keeps it simple) is eggs. Yes, egg yolks certainly create a richer ice cream, but for the ease and amazing taste of this, I can live with out the eggs just fine. All you have to do is combine your milk and sugar in a bowl and mix until the sugar dissolves.
Then add in your heavy cream and vanilla, and that is it. I told you, crazy easy. You can just use pure vanilla extract, but I decided to also add a vanilla bean. Just carefully slice it open and scrape out the seeds. The scent is incredible.
All that gets poured into the ice cream maker which you let run from 20-25 minutes (I did the full 25). At that point you have the most delicious vanilla soft serve. If you want to make it into more of a scoop-able ice cream, then it just needs to spend a few hours hanging out in your freezer.
I like to freeze my basic vanilla, and then add mix-ins (such as Oreos) on a single serve basis, but if you want to make a whole batch of Cookies & Cream, you can add your crushed Oreos (probably about 16 of them, more or less depending on taste) to the ice cream right after it comes out of the maker and before you put it in the freezer. Or wait and mix them in after. You really can’t mess it up.
After freezing a few hours (or even overnight) you have a scoop-able delicious ice cream. It’s great right out of the bowl, but I think cones are so fun, especially in summer. I’m a big fan of The Cone Guys and their creative cones.
Oh yeah! Chocolate Cookie Cones, Crispy Pretzel Cones and Chocolate Chip Cones. They are all fantastic. The chocolate cookie cones are perfect with cookies and cream ice cream.
If you have an ice cream maker, this ice cream is too easy not to make up a batch.
Easy Homemade Cookies And Cream Ice Cream
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1-1/8 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1-1/2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean
- 16 Oreo sandwich cookies crushed
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a hand mixer on low speed to combine the milk and sugar until the sugar is dissolved, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla.
- Slice open your vanilla bean, scrape out seeds and add to the mixture.
- Turn the machine on; pour the mixture into freezer bowl, and let mix until thickened, about 20 to 25 minutes. The ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture.
- Mix in your crushed Oreo cookies.
- If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours. Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.
Don’t forget you can head over to The Cones Guys website for more info on their amazing ice cream cones! And don’t miss my Deep, Dark & Delicious Chocolate Ice Cream recipe. It’s more work than this one, but oh my word, it is the best chocolate ice cream I have EVER had. Especially when you add in chunks of chocolate, peanut butter cups and pretzel cones!