Cookie lover’s rejoice! Bite into a chewy chocolate chip cookie–and find an Oreo inside! Oreo Stuffed Cookies are a must-try dessert. Serve with an extra big glass of milk for dunking!
Milk’s favorite cookie meets classic chocolate chip perfection! If you haven’t gotten into the stuffed cookies trend yet, today’s recipe is about to change that.
Reasons to Make This Recipe
- Oreo Stuffed Cookies are guaranteed to satisfy any chocolate craving!
- Chewy chocolate chip cookies are the ideal complement to the crunchy Oreo wafer.
- The cream filling at the center adds extra sweetness you can’t resist.
- No need to decide between two favorite cookies: you can have them both with this recipe!
- Easy to make and so much more impressive than a regular plate of cookies.
Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
I love baking with Oreo cookies! The classic cookies and cream flavor is one of my all time favorites. From layering them with brownies to adding them to my vanilla ice cream to making the classic Oreo Dirt Cake, I can’t get enough. There’s one thing I hadn’t done with Oreos until today’s recipe: stuff them into chocolate chip cookies!
Making these is so straightforward. Just mix up a batch of Chocolate Chip Cookie dough and wrap it around an Oreo cookie. Bake, cool and eat!
These Oreo Stuffed Cookies turned out even better than I could have imagined. They look like regular chocolate chip cookies at first glance (only a bit bigger). Then, you take a bite to reveal a whole Oreo inside!
Oreo Stuffed Cookies Recipe
This recipe is hardly any more complicated than a regular drop cookie recipe. And it has that extra WOW factor that’ll have everyone coming back for “just one more”.
Once you learn how to make Oreo stuffed cookies, you can change up the flavors by using different Oreo varieties. I love these with double stuffed Oreos for more sweet creamy filling. Can’t get enough chocolate? Try using chocolate creme Oreos instead! These would also be delicious with peanut butter Oreos or special holiday Oreos for different occasions.
Could these stuffed cookies look any more perfect?
How To Make Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
What will I need to make these cookies?
(Full printable recipe with measurements is found at the bottom of this post):
- Salted Butter: If unsalted butter is what you have on hand, that is okay, you can use it or try even try making these with melted coconut oil.
- Granulated white sugar: If you would like to replace all the granulated sugar with brown sugar, you can do so.
- Light brown sugar: Dark brown sugar will give these cookies a more caramely flavor.
- Eggs: Make sure they are large size.
- Maple syrup: Replace with honey or agave nectar if you don’t have maple syrup.
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Semi- sweet chocolate chips: I used regular sized semi-sweet chocolate chips, but you can also use mini chocolate chips as well. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate minis or morsel size will work as well. Milk will result in a sweeter cookie though.
- Double stuffed Oreo cookies: Feel free to use a different kind of Oreo for this. Double stuffed Oreos are sweeter, so if you would like less sweetness, use regular filled Oreos instead.
What Supplies Will I Need?
How Do I Make Oreo Stuffed Cookies?
Making these cookies is simple. Butter and sugars are mixed together until light and fluffy. Next, eggs, vanilla and maple syrup are added to the mixture and combined. Then, dry ingredients are mixed together in a separate bowl.
After that the dry ingredients are added to the wet ingredients to form the dough, then chocolate chips are folded in.
Finally, dough is scooped out, flattened, Oreos are added then the dough is shaped into a ball.
How do I stuff these cookies correctly?
When I stuffed these Oreos into these chocolate chip cookies, I used my hands. I took an Oreo cookie in my hand and pressed raw cookie dough around the whole thing, forming a flattened sphere. If you would like a more uniform look, use a scoop to measure out the amount more precisely.
I also recommend using a little less dough that you might think you need, because you may run out of dough during the 8th or 9th cookie.
How do I store these Oreo Stuffed Cookies?
If you would like to freeze these cookies, they will store well for up to 3-6 months. You can also store them in the refrigerator for a week or so, or at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Recipes with Oreos
For more tips on baking with Oreo Cookies, you’ll love these other recipes too.
- Easy Oreo Cheesecake Bars – An indulgently rich cheesecake that’s easy to serve and eat.
- Oreo Cake – Add Oreos to a moist chocolate cake with cookies and cream filling.
- Cookies And Cream Ice Cream – A deliciously easy homemade ice cream.
- Andes Mint Cookie Brownies – Brownies combined with Oreos and Andes Mints.
- Cookies And Cream Fudge – Enjoy year round, and add candy canes for a festive holiday treat.
- Cookies & Cream Recipe Round Up – Great Oreo filled recipes from around the web.
Oreo Stuffed Cookies
- Cookie Sheet
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl or stand mixer
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cinnamon
- 1/2 nutmeg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- With a hand mixer or standing mixer, beat together the butter, granulated white sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl until combined and light.
- Add the egg, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to the bowl. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Stir until combined.Add the flour mixture to the first bowl, incorporating slowly with the rest of the ingredients at low speed. Beat until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a large cookie scoop or ¼ cup measuring cup (I used a 4” cookie scoop), measure out cookie dough. Flatten the cookie dough so that it is large enough to fit a an Oreo in the center with room to wrap over the Oreo. Form the dough around the Oreo cookie completely making sure all edges are sealed. Do this for remaining cookies and dough.
- Bake in the oven for about 13-14 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Let cool before plating and serving.