Are you ready for some football… or should I say Football Candy Corn Cookie Cups! Have you seen these awesome the awesome new Football Candy Corn from Brach’s? Football has never been so sweet!
Adorable candy corn shaped like footballs, in the flavors of traditional candy corn, caramel candy corn and chocolate candy corn! Seriously how fun is my job that I get to play with candy this cute? Thanks to Brach’s for sponsoring this post.
You can happily eat this football candy corn straight from the bag…
Or use it as an incredibly quick, cute and easy decoration for your baked treats. These fun Football Candy Corn Cookie Cups are a bit of a fun twist on cupcakes.
While I love mini cupcakes, sometimes they can be a bit delicate in texture, and I was looking for something with a bit more substance.
The cookie cups are perfect for this, but brownie cups or even pre-made brownie bites would be perfect as well.
And while I made these cookie cups from scratch, there is no shame in grabbing some premade cookie dough and using it instead. I think these are perfect little desserts for a football party!
Football Candy Corn Cookie Cups
Football Candy Corn Cookie Cups
- ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened but not melted
- 3-4 cups confectioners sugar sifted
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- Green food coloring
- 1 to 4 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
- 1 bag Brach's Candy Corn
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease the cups of a mini cupcake pan.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the sugars and butter together until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Scrape down the bowl and add vanilla and continue beating 30 more seconds until incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, gently mixing until just combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a spoon or small cookie scoop, scoop approximately a tablespoon of cookie dough into each mini cupcake cavity. Gently pressing dough into cavity and flatten the top.
- Bake for approximately 7 -12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a metal rack for 10 minutes, then invert onto cooling rack to continue cooling. If you have trouble getting the cups out, you can very gently try to twist the top of each cup, and they should release and pop out. Allow to cool completely prior to frosting.
- Beat butter on medium speed for 3-4 minutes. Add 3 cups of powdered sugar and mix well until the sugar has been incorporated with the butter. Add vanilla extract, salt, and 1 tablespoon of milk or cream and beat for 2-3 minutes. Add in green food coloring to reach desired shade, and mix until well combined. If frosting needs to be thicker, add more sifted powdered sugar, one tablespoon at a time. If frosting needs to be thinner, add milk, one teaspoon at a time. Pipe onto the tops of cooled cookie cups. Top each cookie cup with a Brach's Football Candy Corn.
Need more treats for the game? I’ve got some super easy Football Cookies (and other sports).
My Football Brownies are always a big hit!
I’ve got an awesome collection of football recipes and tailgating recipes you can check out as well!
Look for this fun Football Candy Corn at your local Walmart!
You could also use these to replace the strawberries I used on my football brownies. Looking for more recipes for a football party, football desserts or football appetizers? Check out my Football Game Day Snacks And Sweets post.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Brach’s. All opinions however are mine and mine alone.