Ready for a really cute winter treat that is surprisingly easy to make? Let me introduce you to Hot Cocoa Pudding Mugs…
This recipe is from Jell-O, and while they look a bit challenging to create, I promise you they are super simple. These would be so fun to serve at a party.
Jell-O even gives you a recipe option to create an “adult” version of these using some creme de cocoa or peppermint schnapps.
I had photos of the “how to” for this recipe, but unfortunately my memory card decided it was time to bid me farewell, and thus those pics are lost in a digital never never land (thankfully I was at least able to take new pics of the end result). But, luck have it, Jell-O has an AWESOME step by step video to walk you through this…
If you think these are fun, make sure to try my Hot Chocolate Brownie Cups as well!
Jell-O Hot Cocoa Pudding Mugs
Recipe used with permission from Kraft Foods
- 2-1/2 cups milk divided
- 2 env. 1/4 oz. each KNOX Unflavored Gelatine
- 2 oz. BAKER'S Bittersweet Chocolate melted
- 1 pkg. 3.9 oz. JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 12 miniature pretzel twists broken crosswise in half
- 1-1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 1/4 cup JET-PUFFED Vanilla MALLOW Bits
- Add 1-1/2 cups milk to dry gelatine in small saucepan; stir. Let stand 3 min. or until gelatine is softened. Cook and stir on medium heat 3 min. or until gelatine is completely dissolved. Remove from heat; whisk in melted chocolate. Cool 5 min.
- Beat pudding mix and remaining milk in medium bowl with whisk 2 min. Whisk in gelatine mixture. Spoon into 24 shot glasses sprayed with cooking spray. Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
- Unmold desserts onto tray just before serving. Insert pretzel half into side of each for the mug handle. Top each with 1 Tbsp. COOL WHIP and a few MALLOW Bits.