I’m still on that salty, sweet, tart, totally yummy margarita inspired recipe kick. And let me tell you, this Key Lime Margarita Pie might just be my favorite combo of those flavors to date. It’s a margarita pie people!
This margarita pie not only tastes amazing, but it’s oh so easy to make. I’m an Arizona girl, so I am all about no bake desserts once the triple digits hit (which would be today)!
It’s funny. If you asked me if I loved lime, I’d probably say no. But dang, I think I kind of do. This pie is just all kinds of good. Did I mention that it has a pretzel crust? Pretzel crusts are pretty much the greatest thing to ever wear the name “crust”. Especially on a margarita pie!
This takes very little time to make and is no bake. Score! You start out by making your pretzel crust. I use my food processor to crush my pretzels. After crushing them, you add butter and sugar (seriously, you could just eat that combo right there).
The pretzel mixture gets pressed into a pie plate.
Seriously, you could put anything in that crust and it’s going to rock. But let’s go ahead and fill it with the yummy Key Lime Margarita Pie filling. The original recipe from Kraft calls for lime juice, but I decided to go with half lime juice and half margarita mix. Mmmm.
I actually did not purposely match my whisk to my pie. 🙂
You simply pour your filling into your pretzel pie crust and pop it into the freezer to chill for a few hours. Easy peasy. You can go sip margaritas by the pool now, everyone will think you spent hours on this. 🙂 I won’t tell if you don’t.
This is a fabulous dessert choice for summer (which appears to have arrived in Arizona, triple digits today!). I’m pretty devoted to chocolate when it comes to dessert, but this is a really nice and refreshing change of pace, and you can’t beat how quickly and easily it comes together.
Margarita Pie Recipe
Key Lime Margarita Pie
- 1-1/4 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 Tbsp. butter melted
- 1 can 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lime juice you can use margarita mix in place of the lime juice or a combo of both
- 1 env. KOOL-AID Lemon Lime Unsweetened Soft Drink Mix
- 1 tub 8 oz. COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- MIX pretzel crumbs, sugar and butter; press onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate. Refrigerate until ready to fill.
- MIX next 3 ingredients in large bowl. Whisk in 2-1/2 cups COOL WHIP; pour into crust.
- FREEZE 6 hours. Remove from freezer 15 min. before serving; let stand at room temperature until slightly softened. Top with remaining COOL WHIP.
Seriously, make this pie. You won’t be sorry. And if you are looking for more yummy lime flavor, here are some great recipes to try…
Layered Margarita Bites From Kraft Foods
PHILADELPHIA 3-STEP Key Lime Cheesecake From Kraft Foods
Frozen Lime Cheesecake From Kraft Foods
Minty Lime Freeze From Kraft Foods
Disclaimer – I work with Kraft as a Kraft Tastemaker.
This post however is not a sponsored post, just a recipe I tried and enjoyed!