If you love lemon, then you’ve got to make these easy lemon cookies! Whenever I think of dessert, I usually think “chocolate”, but lately I can’t get enough lemon, so today I’m sharing some super easy Lemon Cookies with you.
What makes these lemon cookies super fun is the cute yellow and pink Springtime Morsels from Nestle. I found mine at Target and it looks like you can also order some off Amazon.
So darn fun. A few years back Nestle had some mini pink and yellow morsels that I adored, and used in a number of recipes, like these PEEPS Stuffed Crispy Treats, so I was excited to see that color combo again (though I still would love those minis!).
The chocolate ones had to go for these cookies, so I simply sorted the colors and used the pink and yellows for my cookies, which taste like white chocolate.
If you can find these fun and colorful chocolate chips, you can always use white chocolate chips in their place.
These cookies start with a boxed lemon cake mix. I debated going completely from scratch, but I really wanted to make sure I had a solid lemon base, and for that the cake mix method is perfect.
You need a few ingredients in addition to your cake mix – eggs, a lemon (or two if you are so inclined), oil and a little flour and baking powder (not shown in the photo above by the way!). I got about 20 cookies from my batch.
Here’s the recipe!
- 1 box lemon cake mix I used a 16.25 oz box
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Juice from one lemon
- Grated lemon peel from one lemon
- 1 cup pink and yellow Nestle Springtime Morsels or white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well to combine. Dough will be quite sticky. Chill covered in refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degree F. Once oven is ready, remove cookie dough from fridge and drop by spoonfuls (approximately 1-2 tablespoons per cookie) onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Store tightly covered.
These lemon cookies are so perfect for spring!
Remember you can find these fun Nestle Springtime Morsels at Target (and most likely other stores) or online.
If you love lemon, here are a few other recipes you might enjoy…