This Little Mermaid Snack Board needs to be a “Part of Your World,” or at least the main course at your live action Little Mermaid watch party! These festive, ocean themed snacks are sure to elevate your party game, and teleport you “Under the Sea!”
Follow along for some ‘Scuttle’ level advice on how to assemble these darling snacks, and get your Dinglehoppers ready to dig into this bright, colorful mermaid magic dessert board!
Reasons You’ll Love This
Look at this Stuff! – Isn’t it neat? This whole board is filled with a ton of fun candies and snacks that will brighten your day just looking at it!
Gadgets and Gizmos – Who knew they had a Large Clamshell shaped charcuterie board for you to display your snacks on? People are so creative nowadays, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand.
Trident and True – Throwing together a themed snack board for any event is always a reliable way to up your party game and stick to a theme. You really can do anything!
You ‘Grotto’ Have This! – If you have a Little Mermaid lover in your home, this is a perfect way to celebrate them, either for a birthday or a movie night!
Don’t be a Guppy, and go above and beyond with your board assembling skills! This recipe is just for inspiration, so don’t feel like you will be reprimanded by King Triton if you venture off and add your own flare to this Little Mermaid snack board.
The ingredients you use for this board is up to you, and how creative you feel like getting. These are just suggestions, and you don’t have to follow it by the book. However, if you’d like to know what ingredients were used, and where to get them, I have compiled a list of ingredients right here!
- Rice Krispie Treat Stars
- ‘Pearl’ Vanilla Oreo Truffles
- Blue Salt Water Taffy Taffy- Include Salt Water Taffy onto your board as an homage to the salty sea!
- White, Blue, and Pink Nonpareils Coated Gummy Candies are a creative and tasty way to add texture to your board! When paired with other aquatic gummy candies, they resemble coral!
- White Sixlets Sixlets are a milk chocolate candy that is available in an assortment of colors! These White Sixlets look like pearls, so be sure to include them on the board!
- Teal and Pink M&Ms M&Ms are another great chocolate candy to include on your board! These Teal M&Ms are reminiscent of the scales on Ariel’s mermaid tail!
- Starfish Gummy Candy
- Shark Gummy Candy
- Swirly Fish Gummy Candy
- Chocolate Coins In Ariel’s Grotto there are multiple Treasure Chests! It’s likely that they may contain sunken treasure, and even gold coins! Consider adding a few flashy gold coins to your board!
- Green, Red, and Blue Sour Belts
If you’re looking for specialty candy, it is best to look online, or at a store that sells bulk candy, like WinCo, a local candy store, or a party store! You can also visit my Amazon Store to find everything you need to make your own board!
How To Assemble the Candy Skewers
- Start by sliding one White Nonpareils Coated Gummy Candy onto the skewer. Stop 2 inches from the bottom of the skewer.
- Add two more candies of your choosing to the skewer. Then, fold a Sour Belt back and forth on top of itself like an accordion. Slide the accordion sour belt onto the skewer, leaving 1 inch off. Roll the remaining inch into a spiral and slide the skewer up through the center and pull it down.
- Add two more candies of your choosing. Top the skewer off with two White Nonpareils Coated Gummy Candies at the top.
How To Assemble The Little Mermaid Snack Board
- Place a ramekin or small bowl at the bottom center of the board. Fill the bowl up with blue salt water taffy.
- Place the remaining board ingredients around the bowl until the entire bowl has filled up.
Tips And Advice
Storage – I recommend assembling this board right before you serve it to your guests. The longer some of the ingredients sit out the harder they’ll get. While I don’t recommend saving it, you could cover the leftovers with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge for up to a day if you’d like.
Here is what you’ll need to assemble your Little Mermaid Snack Board.
You can decorate your Large Clamshell Serving board with some food-safe acrylic paint. Just let the paint dry completely before placing any food on top of it.
Board Assembly Tips
Before you assemble, place the board where you are planning on serving it. It may be difficult to move once assembled.
Using small bowls or ramequins to place some ingredients in adds height to the board, and keeps it looking clean. It can also act as a barrier to keep some ingredients from rolling off the board.
To make your board look visually appealing, try to keep the heavier items on the outside of the board so the looser, lighter items in the middle don’t roll around. Also, do your best to keep the same colors, or similar foods away from each other. For example, don’t place pink candy next to another kind of pink candy, and don’t place gummies next to similar looking gummies.
You can arrange your snack board however you see fit. It’s best to include a selection of a lot of different things, that way everyone snacking on it will be happy. Remember to keep similar ingredients away from each other, and make the board look as colorful as possible!
Recipes You’ll Love
If you’re a host at heart, and love to throw themed parties with themed food, here are a few more recipes you’ll absolutely love!
- Super Mario Party Snack Board
- Elf Dessert Dip
- Chocolate Covered Rice Krispie Treats
- Oreo Truffle Balls
- Hot Chocolate Charcuterie Board
- Christmas Charcuterie Board
More Party Foods You’ll Love!!
Mermaid Snack Board
- Pink Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispie Treat Starfish
- Pearl Vanilla Oreo Truffle Balls
- White, Blue, and Pink Nonpareils Coated Gummy Candies For Under The Sea Candy Skewers
- Starfish Gummy Candy For Under The Sea Candy Skewers
- Swirly Fish Gummy Candy For Under The Sea Candy Skewers
- Green, Red and Blue Sour Belts Candy For Under The Sea Candy Skewers
- Blue Salt Water Taffy
- White Sixlets
- Teal and Pink M&Ms
- Shark Gummy Candy
- White, Blue, and Pink Nonpareils Coated Gummy Candies
- Starfish Gummy Candy
- Swirly Fish Gummy Candy
- Chocolate Coins
Under The Sea Candy Skewers
- Begin by gently sliding one White Nonpareils Coated Gummy Candy onto the skewer. Stop 2 inches from the bottom of the skewer, leaving a handhold.
- Add two more ingredients of your choice to the skewer.
- Next, fold a Sour Belt back and forth like an accordion and slide it onto the top of the skewer, leaving 1 inch off. Roll the remaining inch into a spiral and slide the skewer up through the center.
- Add two more ingredients of your choice.
- Finish with two White Nonpareils Coated Gummy Candies at the top.
Assembling The Board
- Begin by placing your board on your serving area.
- Fill a small bowl (or ramequin) with Blue Salt Water Taffy and place it near the center of your board.
- Fill in sections of your board with the rest of the ingredients and enjoy!
- Make sure to set the board in the place you are planning to serve it. It’s likely that you will not be able to pick it up or move it once everything has been added!
- It’s good practice to use small bowls or ramequins as anchor points! They serve as containers for ingredients that tend to roll, barriers for other ingredients to lean against, and visual resting points!
- Place large or heavy desserts around the border of your board to act as another barrier for other ingredients to rest against!
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
“Enchanting Culinary Content Produced by Lady LaDuke Co.”
Leave a Reply