Chocolate Covered Rice Krispie Treats are simple, classic desserts that make a wonderful addition to this Little Mermaid Snack Board! Shaped like starfish, these easy treats are perfect for ocean themed parties, and only take 2 ingredients to make!
No need to make your own Rice Krispie Treats for this recipe, (unless you want to!) This recipe is meant to be easy, simple, and look downright adorable on any dessert spread or snack board!
Let’s discuss how to make Chocolate Covered Rice Krispie Treats, as well as the ingredients that are needed. Please take note that below you will find discussion, expert tips, and answers to frequently asked questions about this recipe to help you recreate it in your kitchen. If you *just* want the recipe itself, scroll down. The full printable recipe itself, with exact measurements and instructions, is found at the bottom of this page.
- Rice Krispies Treat Sheet – Get these online, or at stores like Walmart. You can also make your own Rice Krispie Treats if you’d like. These will also work with with Fruity Pebbles Treats!
- Pink Candy Melts – You can order candy melts online, or pick them up at your local craft or party store. This will also work with the same amount of white chocolate. Just dye it a pink with some pink food gel.
Step by Step Instructions
- Begin by unwrapping the Rice Krispies Treat sheet. Using the large star shaped cookie cutter, press firmly into the sheet to cut out a starfish. Repeat this until you’ve used up as much of the Rice Krispie sheet as possible.
- Next, pour the pink candy melts into a large microwaveable bowl. Melt the candy according to package directions, or microwave for 20 second increments, stirring after each interval.
- Once melted, use a fork or chocolate dipping tool to dip a star-shaped treat into the pink chocolate, making sure it’s fully covered. Let the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl, and allow it to cool on a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat this step until all the stars are covered in chocolate. Let them cool at room temperature for 10 minutes, or until the chocolate has hardened.
Tips And Advice
Storage – Store the Starfish Rice Krispie Treats, wrapped individually at room temperature for 4-5 days.
Here are some of the materials you’ll need to make these star shaped Rice Krispie Treats.
- Star shaped Cookie Cutter
- Microwave Safe Bowls
- Forks or Chocolate Dipping Tools
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
Equipment Tips – Clean the star shaped cookie cutter in between each use. You will have an easier time letting the Rice Krispie Treat slide out if you do this.
You can make more Starfish with the leftover scraps of Rice Krispie Treats. Just flatten the leftovers between two pieces of parchment paper to form a new sheet! Repeat this until you’ve used up as much as you can.
These Rice Krispie Treats can be stored for up to 4-5 days at room temperature, so you can make them ahead about 3-4 days. However, I would recommend making them the day of or the day before serving, because fresh Rice Krispies are the best Rice Krispies.
Nope! They can sit out at room temperature in an airtight container.
Recipes You’ll Love
Need more Rice Krispie Recipes in your life? Check out a few more of these similar recipes you won’t be able to get enough of!
Holiday Rice Krispie Treats!!
Chocolate Covered Rice Krispies Treats
- 32 ounce Rice Krispies Treats Sheet or homemade
- 24 ounces Pink Candy Melts any other color or flavor may be used as well
- Using a cookie cutter, press down firmly into the Rice Krispies Treat Sheet to cut out a shape.
- Gently remove the Rice Krispie shape from the cookie cutter and repeat the process.
- In a medium sized microwave safe bowl, melt 24 ounces of Candy Melts according to the instructions on the package label.
- Using a fork (or a chocolate dipping tool) dip the Rice Krispie shape into the melted chocolate and allow the excess to drip off.
- Place onto a parchment lined baking sheet to cool at room temperature for 10 minutes (or until the chocolate has hardened).
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Leave a Reply