If you love cookies packed full of flavor, you are going to love these Peanut Butter Monster Cookies! Packed full of peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips and M&M’s – so much goodness in every single bite! Grab a glass of milk and get ready for an irresistible cookie recipe courtesy of Jess over at Sweetest Menu.
I have a new weakness. Gorgeously lumpy, chewy and colorful Peanut Butter Monster Cookies.
Hi friends, it’s Jess here from Sweetest Menu, all the way from Australia. Now over here, we don’t have Monster Cookies. They are a mysterious and wonderful treat for us that American’s have been munching on for years. And seriously, we have been missing out! On the weekend, I created my own version of these delicious cookies and they have disappeared without a trace. Peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips and M&M’s – so much goodness in every single bite!
Perhaps the best part of these delightful cookies is their wonderfully chewy texture, thanks to the rolled oats. The peanut butter makes the dough melt-in-your-mouth and the bursts of melted chocolate contrasts beautifully with the crispy crunch of the M&M’s. I have literally disappeared into cookie heaven. I also had to do a bit of recipe testing to get these right, which means I have had more than my fair share of these Monster Cookies. And the result? Perfection! Oh but they cannot be devoured without a cold glass of milk.
I loved these cookies so much, that they surpassed my favorite M&M Candy Cookie Pie and went straight to my number one cookie treat.
There’s just a couple of things to note when making these Monster Cookies compared to regular cookies. They have substantially less flour so when they come out of the oven, they will be fragile! Leave them to cool before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Trust me, I know how hard waiting is. Don’t try sneak a bite when nobody is watching because it will crumble all over you and the floor and you will get caught. Time will let them develop that lovely chewy texture which will be worth the wait.
Favorite Cookie Recipes
We’ve got more delicious cookie recipes for you to try!
Click to pin and save!
Peanut Butter Monster Cookies
Monster M&M Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar firmly packed (dark also works)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup plain M&Ms
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar for about 4 minutes or until creamy and pale. Add the vanilla and beat again. Then add the egg and beat until smooth. Add the peanut butter and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, cornflour and gently whisk together. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet and gently fold together. Add the rolled oats, M&M's and chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Line two oven trays with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grab cookie dough from the fridge. The dough will still be a bit sticky but it should be firm enough to roll balls using your hands.
- Line the balls (approximately 1 heaped tablespoon) of cookie dough onto the prepared trays and then flatten slightly using your hand or a spatula, as they wont spread out as much as a normal cookie would. Press a few extra M&M’s and chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Bake the cookies for approximately 12 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Leave the cookies to cool slightly before gently moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
About Jessica Holmes
Jess loves to create, bake and shoot American-inspired recipes. With a background in advertising, she is a copywriter by day and a recipe creator/dessert taste-tester by night (and on the weekends). Even at her work desk, you will find her daydreaming about calorie-laden sweets and counting down the days to her next trip to the USA.