This No Bake Peanut Butter Pie is quite possibly the richest, creamiest, peanut butter chocolate pie that you’ll ever have. No need to line up for the popular Costco Peanut Butter Pie when you can make a delicious pie of your own in minutes!
With a sweet and creamy peanut butter filling, and a delicious chocolate Oreo crust, this easy peanut butter pie recipe is one your friends and family will ask for again and again.
Reasons You’ll Love This Pie
Creamy and Delicious – I think we can all agree that if there is cream cheese in the recipe, you just KNOW it’s going to be delicious.
No Bake? Piece of Cake – Well…pie, but either way this easy dessert makes it so you won’t have to worry about messing with an oven!
Melt in Your Mouth – There’s just something so lovely about a chilled no bake pie, and the way this decadent dessert melts in your mouth.
Garnish Your Heart Out! – The best part is that there are so many fun toppings you can add to garnish this pie, the sky’s the limit.
Peanut Butter Lovers – Simply put, peanut butter recipes are what makes the world go round!
We love peanut butter recipes, and this pie is no exception. This amazing peanut butter pie recipe is like having a giant Reeses Pieces peanut butter cup, but creamier and sweeter! There’s no such thing as grabbing a small piece of this easy no bake peanut butter pie.
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
This is an overview of the ingredients you will need to make this delicious no bake peanut butter pie. Important notes and substitutions for certain ingredients are discussed. The full printable recipe, with amounts and specific details, can be found at the bottom of the page.
- Cream Cheese – Use a block of cream cheese, not the tub. You’ll want the cream cheese to be softened enough to the point you can mix it.
- Creamy Peanut Butter– Make sure to use the regular jar of peanut butter, not the natural peanut butter. It will mess up the consistency of the pie.
- Whole Milk– You can also substitute this for half and half depending on how creamy you want the pie.
- Frozen Whipped Cream – Just make sure this is thawed before using!
- Chocolate Cookie Pie Crust – An Oreo cookie crust is always a good option! You can purchase the crust premade, or if you’re feeling fancy, make your own crust! The one I make for my Oreo No Bake Cheesecake is perfect.
- Optional Toppings – Decorate your pie with all your favorite peanut butter/chocolate toppings such as chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, peanut butter cups, melted peanut butter or melted chocolate!
How To Make No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- In a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl take your 8 ounces of cream cheese and beat it at a medium speed until the cream cheese is soft and fluffy.
- Next, pour the powdered sugar into the cream cheese as well as the peanut butter and continue to beat it together.
- Slowly add milk to the peanut butter mixture and then the vanilla extract. Continue to beat it until combined and then fold in the cool whip to the cream cheese mixture.
- Take the chocolate cookie crust and pour the pie filling into the crust.
- Smooth filling.
- Add your desired garnishes to the top of the pie and allow it to chill in the fridge overnight before serving.
Recipe Tips and Advice
Storage – This no bake peanut butter pie keeps in the fridge for 3-5 days. Cover it with plastic wrap and secure it with toothpicks so the plastic wrap doesn’t stick to the top of the pie. You can also freeze the pie for about 3 months.
Supplies – You’ll need an electric mixer, a hand or stand mixer works just fine, as well as a spatula!
Nut Free Peanut Butter Pie? – If you want to make this pie, but need to make it nut free, you could use something like SunButter or Biscoff. Just make sure to double check any and all ingredients, and obviously you’ll want to use peanut free candy and chips for the topping.
Does The Crust Need To Be Baked? Nope! This peanut butter chocolate pie recipe has no baking involved at all. The store bought Oreo cookie crusts don’t have to be baked to be eaten.
More Recipes To Try
Peanut Butter Recipes
If you can’t get enough of the irresistible combo of chocolate and peanut butter, you’ve come to the right place. Here are some of my favorite chocolate peanut butter recipes!
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars – While they are a bit more work than this recipe, if you are a cheesecake lover, you simply must try these incredible bars.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies – This chocolate and peanut butter cookie recipe has been a family favorite for decades. It’s truly one of the most incredible cookies you’ll ever try.
The Best Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe – Listen, I won’t say everything is “the best” – because frankly that’s kind of annoying, but these truly are the best peanut butter cookies I’ve ever had.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake – This quick and easy cake is a must make for peanut butter lovers. Topped and filled with peanut butter!
Peanut Butter Dog Treats – Okay, so they lack chocolate and aren’t for people, but don’t forget your furry friends while you are enjoying all these delicious treats!
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats – A fun spin on everyone’s favorite cereal treat!
No Bake Peanut Butter Balls – Similar to Buckeye Balls, I dare you to eat just one of these treats!
It’s hard to beat an easy pie recipe, and I’ve got a number of them that I think you’ll love!
Easy Chocolate Cream Pie – Decadent chocolate cream pie, with an Oreo crust, topped with creamy whipped cream. It’s a classic for good reason!
No Bake Oreo Cheesecake – Keep cool this summer with a creamy, dreamy slice of Oreo Cheesecake Pie!
Key Lime Pie – When it comes to a quintessential summer pie, key lime tops the list. This one is easy peasy LIME squeezy!
Strawberry Pretzel Salad Pie – This “salad” is anything but. Ripe strawberries are combined with a creamy filling, all on top of an amazing pretzel crust.
No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter regular, not the "natural" oil on top variety
- 6 tablepsoons whole milk half and half can also be used
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton frozen whipped topping, thawed Cool Whip works perfectly
- 1 chocolate cookie pie crust
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Beat in sugar and peanut butter. Gradually add milk, then the vanilla.
- Fold in whipped topping; spoon into the crust. Sprinkle with desired topping.
- Chill overnight prior to serving.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
James Thompson says
I am certainly going to make this, but I have a question about the amount of Cool Whip. The recipe doesn’t say, although my guess is 8 ounce tub. Could you please clarify? Thank you.
Christi Johnstone says
That is correct, I’ll make note of that in the recipe card, thanks!
This is delicious and gets rave reviews every time I make it. I always serve with the chopped Reese’s Cups, peanut butter chips and melted chocolate stripes on top. Light, but rich!
Hi! I would love to make this for my dad who is diabetic. What can I use in place of confectionary sugar to make it sugar free or mostly sugar free?
Christi Johnstone says
Since I don’t use sugar substitutes, I’m afraid I’m not a good resource for suggestions on this one. If there is something you typically use in it’s place, you could try that. Sorry I can’t help more, I’m just not familiar with the sugar replacement products on the market.