Cinnamon Rolls just got quicker and easier with this delicious No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls recipe. There is no need for proofing, rising or waiting, simply mix up your ingredients, assemble, bake and enjoy every single bite!
Cinnamon rolls are one of the most loved baked goods around. What’s not to love? A delicious sweet bread with swirls of buttery brown sugar filing, topped with frosting.
Actually when I think about it, there is one thing I don’t love about cinnamon rolls… the time it can take to make them. Proofing the yeast, waiting for the dough to rise once, then twice. Making some cinnamon roll recipes can sometimes be an all day event, and more often than not I just don’t have time for that. Additionally, I know some people just aren’t comfortable with with yeast, or don’t always keep it on hand.
Well good news my friends, I have the perfect recipe for making fluffy, irresistible cinnamon rolls easily in no time!
No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls
Let me introduce you to my easy No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls recipe. You can have a pan of warm, gooey, delicious cinnamon rolls in less than an hour.
While I expected this recipe to be good, it honestly exceeded my hopeful expectations. It’s not always easy to remove the yeast and rise time from a recipe like this and be happy with the results. With this recipe I am thrilled with the results and I know you will be as well.
How To Make Cinnamon Rolls Without Yeast
So what’s the secret to to making cinnamon rolls without yeast? It’s Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix! Thanks to Krusteaz, you can whip up cinnamon rolls with minimal time, effort or planning. I love that Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix makes this SO easy and that they use delicious, quality ingredients, no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. Thanks to Krusteaz for sponsoring this post.
Even if you’ve never made cinnamon rolls before, I am confident you can make these and have great results that your friends and family will love. Let me walk you through how to make these quick cinnamon rolls.
Ingredients At A Glance (full recipe at bottom of post)
To make these No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls in under an hour, you’ll need the following ingredients. Most of these are staples that you likely already have on hand.
- Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- Buttermilk (or try my buttermilk substitute recipe)
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar (light or dark will work)
- Butter (salted or unsalted is fine)
- Cream Cheese (use the brick style, not the tub)
- Vanilla Extract
- Powdered Sugar
- Milk (half and half can also be used, or a milk substitute)
Steps To Take (full printable recipe below)
Prepare The Dough
To make cinnamon rolls without yeast, prepare your dough, mix together the Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix, buttermilk and sugar together until a shaggy dough forms. When measuring your pancake mix, make sure to spoon the mix into your measuring cup with a spoon, then level it off. Don’t scoop your mix with the measuring cup as it will result in too much mix in your recipe, which will make the dough too dry.
Once the dough comes together, sprinkle your work surface with pancake mix, then work your dough into a ball and roll out into a rectangular shape.
Prepare The Filling
The filling is made by combining brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon and melted butter. That mixture is then spread across the cinnamon roll dough, which has been brushed with butter.
Roll And Slice
After the filling is evenly distributed over the dough, the dough is rolled up and cut into 12 pieces. Rolls are placed into a 13″ x 9″ baking pan that has been brushed with butter, then baked for approximately 25 minutes.
Bake And Frost
While cinnamon rolls are baking, the frosting can be prepared. When cinnamon rolls are removed from the oven, I recommend letting them cool for 2-3 minutes, then frosting while they are still warm. Placing the frosting on while the rolls are warm allows the frosting to soak into the rolls, which creates a delicious flavor and texture.
That’s all there is to making No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls! Quick, simple and delicious, thanks to Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix! I can’t wait for you to try these easy no yeast cinnamon rolls made with Krusteaz Pancake Mix! While you have that box of Krusteaz out, you might want to try my Pancake Mix Donuts, Hot Chocolate Pancakes, Easy Funnel Cake or Breakfast Pizza – all made with Krusteaz Pancake Mix.
No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls
- 4 cups Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar light or dark is fine
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2-3 tbsp Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix set aside, use to dust surface prior to rolling out dough
- 4 oz cream cheese* softened
- 4 tbsp butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2+ tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- To create dough, in a large bowl combine Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix, buttermilk and sugar. Mix until a shaggy dough forms and all dry ingredients are incorprated. Set aside.
- To create filling, in a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, granualted sugar, cinnamon and 2 tablespoons melted butter. Mix to combine.
- Sprinkle 2-3 tablespoons of Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake mix over surface where dough is to be rolled out, to prevent dough from sticking to the surface. Using hands and/or a rolling pin, roll and shape dough into a rectangle that is approxiately 14" x 8" in size and approxinatley 1/2" thick. Brush with softened butter then sprinkle filling mix over butter, then gently smooth and press filling mix over dough to help evenly distribute. Roll dough and filling up from long side. Gently cut into 12 equal size cinnamon rolls (approximately 1" thick each).
- Place cinnamon rolls in 13x9 inch pan that has been brushed with butter or sprayed lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tops start to turn golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Combined softened cream cheese, butter, vanilla, powdered sugar and milk in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth. For a thinner frosting, add additional milk, approximately 1 tbsp at a time. Spread over warm cinnamon rolls. Serve and enjoy.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.