This delicious Pumpkin Chocolate Bread is packed full of fall flavor that the entire family will love!
Living in Phoenix, we really don’t what most people would refer to as fall. While some leaves might fall, they sure as heck don’t put on any sort of spectacular color show. The weather is still blistering, 108 today I believe, and unless yo have the greenest thumb in the world, you can’t even plant fall flowers without them giving way to the heat. So what’s a girl to do? PUMPKIN. Pumpkin all the things. This pumpkin chocolate bread recipe is a huge hit at my house, my girls both gobble it right up!
This easy and delicious pumpkin chocolate bread is a spin on my beloved chocolate pumpkin bread. This bread is a bit more decadent, using all-purpose flour in place of whole wheat, and increased butter in place of Greek yogurt. This pumpkin chocolate bread recipe also sees the addition of pumpkin pie spice and a touch of instant espresso powder.
I make this bread OFTEN, but do not typically add the pumpkin pie spice. Without it, it tastes like a really delicious bread and you don’t pick up much pumpkin flavor. Add in the pumpkin spice and the flavor totally transforms in this easy quick bread.
In this recipe puts the pumpkin flavor out front, thus it’s PUMPKIN chocolate bread.
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE BREAD
Pumpkin Chocolate Bread
This pumpkin chocolate bread is an easy and delicious quick bread that combines pumpkin and chocolate for a delicious fall treat.
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree canned pumpkin
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or nuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix until well combined. Add vanilla and pumpkin, then mix until well combined. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, espresso powder and salt. Slowly mix into the wet ingredients. Add in buttermilk, and mix just until combined. If adding chocolate chips or nuts, fold in.
- Pour into a greased standard size loaf pan.
- Bake for approximately 55-65 minutes or until knife inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Remove from pan and enjoy.
Want another delicious pumpkin breakfast option? Check out my friend Mary’s amazing Pumpkin Spice Waffles!
Or my friend Anna’s Pumpkin French Toast Bake.
And if pumpkin and chocolate are your thing, don’t miss my Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins!
Fall mornings are looking DELISH!