These delicious Vegan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins are quick and easy to make, only requiring one bowl. Made with simple ingredients that just happen to be egg-free and dairy-free, these vegan muffins are every bit as delicious as any regular pumpkin chocolate chip muffin you’ll find!
First things first.
I’m not vegan. My family is not vegan.
But these pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are.
And we all LOVE them.
My daughter is currently eating dairy free, so I’ve been adapting her favorite recipes.
I figured if I was going to make a dairy-free pumpkin muffin recipe, I might as well make it an egg-free pumpkin muffin recipe as well. And thus I present vegan pumpkin muffins. These can be made with or without the chocolate chips.
They are shockingly delicious, and that comes from someone who uses dairy, butter and eggs on a daily basis.
How Do You Make Vegan Pumpkin Muffins?
This vegan pumpkin muffin recipe is incredibly easy to make. It’s based off my Vegan Pumpkin Bread recipe.
The ingredients are simple, ones you quite likely already have in your pantry. For this recipe you need:
- Pumpkin Puree
- Brown Sugar
- Oil (I used canola, but coconut oil would be great)
- Maple Syrup (Agave can also be used)
- Apple Juice (Water can also be used)
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Chocolate Chips (Optional)
Chocolate chips are optional in this recipe. My family LOVES pumpkin and chocolate together, so they love the combo in these.
I’m a bit more of a pumpkin purist if you will, so I prefer mine without.
If you do make these as pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, I recommend using the mini-chips. They give a nice bit of chocolate in every bite. Enjoy Life is my favorite brand for chocolate chips as they are both vegan and very allergy friendly.
Due to allergies we can’t use nuts in ours, but these would be fantastic with walnuts or pecans. Please use them for me and enjoy!
Aside from the great flavor, one of my favorite things about this recipe is that it’s a one-bowl pumpkin muffin recipe. Less cleanup!
Wet ingredients are combined, then dry ingredients are added, and they are all mixed together until just combined.
After that it’s just a matter of scooping the batter into a prepared muffin pan, and baking.
Looking for more delicious (non-vegan) pumpkin recipes? Check these out!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Pumpkin Blondies
- Pumpkin Brownies
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Easy Pumpkin Pie
Vegan pumpkin recipes more your thing? Here you go!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- Muffin Pan
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (make sure not to use pumpkin pie FILLING)
- 1 cup brown sugar, light or dark, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup oil canola or vegetable oil work well
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (agave syrup can also be used)
- 3 tbsp apple juice (water or apple cider can also be used)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (white whole wheat flour can also be used)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (individual spices can also be used)
- 1 cup mini-chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a muffin pan with 12 paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, brown sugar, oil, syurp and apple juice. Mix well to combine.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice and chocolate chips to wet ingrediens, and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack in muffin pan for approximately 10 minutes. Then carefully remove muffins from pan.
- Store any remaining muffins tightly covered.