Change up your lasagna routine with this delicious Chicken Alfredo Lasagna recipe! If you love creamy Alfredo sauce and ricotta cheese, this is a must try main course. With plenty of chicken, spinach and Italian flavor in every layer, the whole family loves this hearty dinner. Who can resist a lasagna topped with bubbling cheese straight out of the oven? It’s one of those sure fire crowd pleaser meals that everyone will love!
Reasons to Make Chicken Alfredo Lasagna
Most lasagnas feature tangy tomato sauce between layers of noodles and cheese, like my classic Easy Cheese Lasagna Recipe. This Chicken Spinach Lasagna swaps the red sauce for creamy white Alfredo sauce.
Here’s why you’ll love this recipe:
- A ricotta cheese filling brings rich, creamy flavor to every bite.
- It’s packed with spinach so you’ll be sure you’re getting your daily greens.
- The garlicky Alfredo sauce ties everything together.
- You can make this with a grocery store rotisserie chicken–or leftover shredded chicken!
Easy Alfredo Lasagna
Another reason to love this lasagna? Most of the cooking time is hands off while you wait for it to bake to bubbly cheesy perfection.
After prepping the Alfredo sauce, filling and noodles, it’s as easy as assembling all the layers and putting it in the oven. Meanwhile, you can get your side dishes ready or check off the rest of your to-do list!
With plenty of from-scratch ingredients, this recipe makes a flavorful chicken spinach lasagna that’s so much better than store bought.
What to Serve with Chicken Lasagna
Chicken Alfredo Lasagna is a one pan meal all on its own! It’s also perfect paired with simple sides like a tossed green salad or green beans. Another great option is to put out a kid friendly charcuterie for healthy snacking while this bakes.
And of course, no Italian meal is complete without some kind of garlic bread! We love these easy Cheesy Garlic Rolls. You can never have too much cheese, right?
You may keep this lasagna in the refrigerator for a week. Make sure it is in a well-sealed container. You may reheat it in the oven or microwave
Tips, Questions & Answers
Can I use a prepared alfredo sauce?
Sure! That will be a real time saver. You would need about 5 cups of prepared sauce. Just add the chicken and more parmesan cheese if you like.
Can this be made ahead of time and baked later?
Yes, it will actually be even tastier if it sits in the refrigerator overnight.
Does this freeze well?
Absolutely! If it is wrapped tightly it should last up to 3 months. You may even freeze it right after assembling it. In that case, let it defrost in the refrigerator overnight and then bake as directed above.
Can we make it without the spinach?
Yes, you could try putting in some chopped steamed broccoli.
I don’t have cloves of garlic. Can I use garlic powder?
Yes, just substitute 1/8 teaspoon for each clove. You will want to use 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder in this recipe.
Can I just use left-over chicken in this lasagna?
Absolutely! Just cut it up/shred chicken as small as possible so that it incorporates into the sauce well.
I can’t find half and half. What else could I use?
You can substitute one cup of milk and 1 cup of cream and have the same consistency as 2 cups of half and half.
More Recipes You’ll Love
Looking for more delicious Italian inspired meals? You’ll love these other tasty ideas!
- Easy Ravioli Lasagna
- Pizza Casserole
- Slow Cooker Meatballs
- Breaded Chicken Parmesan
- Easy French Bread Pizzas
- Sausage Pasta
- Easy Shrimp Alfredo
Homemade Alfredo sauce, three kinds of cheese and spinach come together in this delicious Chicken Alfredo Lasagna recipe.
Chicken Alfredo Lasagna
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
For the Ricotta Filling
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream full fat
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach drained and thawed very well
For the Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 5 tbsps flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups freshly grated parmesan chees
- 2 cups cooked chicken cut up rotisserie chicken, shredded chicken or well-drained canned chicken
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking rimmed baking dish or lasagna pan.
To Prep the Lasagna:
- Make ricotta filling by placing all of the filling ingredients, ricotta cheese, sour cream, egg, parmesan, basil, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and spinach, into a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Cook the noodles according to package directions. They should boil for about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Begin making the alfredo sauce by melting the butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add garlic, stir well, and cook until tender and fragrant.
- Stir in the flour and let it simmer until bubbly.
- Add chicken broth, half and half, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Then reduce heat back to medium and let simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese until melted. Stir in chicken.
To Assemble and Bake Lasagna
- Add the ingredients in layers. Spread 1/3 of the alfredo sauce in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.. Then place 4 ½ lasagna noodles on top. Spread ricotta filling on top of noodles. Sprinkle on 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Add 1/3 of alfredo sauce on top. Lay out the remaining 4 ½ noodles on top of the sauce. Spread remaining alfredo sauce on noodles. Top evenly with 2 cups of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover pan with tin foil. Bake covered for 30 minutes. Then remove the foil and continue baking for another 30 minutes. The cheese will be brown and bubbly! After removing the lasagna from the oven, let it sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Draining Spinach: Use a dish towel to squeeze any excess water out of the thawed spinach.
- Noodles: Some pans only need 4 noodles for each layer, some need 4 1/2. It's okay to break noodles in half if needed to cover the whole pan!