Chocolate lovers rejoice, these Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies are just for you!
Packed full of chocolate flavor, these double chocolate chip cookies are always a crowd pleaser. So grab a glass of milk and get ready to enjoy chocolate cookie perfection!
These cookies are certified as chocolate lover’s heaven. A soft chocolate cookie plus morsels of semi-sweet chocolate is just about my idea of a perfect cookie. My whole kitchen smelled divine as these were baking and I could hardly wait for them to cool to sneak a bite.
While I used dark chocolate cocoa powder to make these, regular cocoa will work just fine. We just prefer dark chocolate when given the choice.
You can fill these with milk chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips or even peanut butter or butterscotch chips. Whatever you like! Or in case of that snowed in thing, whatever you have on hand.
This is a great base chocolate cookie recipe that you can get creative with. Like nuts? Add some walnuts or pecans. I have trouble ever imagining the desire to put a raisin in anything, but if you like raisins, toss some in, you’ll get a chocolate covered raisin cookie!
Like M&Ms? You’ll like this Chocolate M&M Cookie adaption with mini M&Ms and peppermint M&Ms that I made for a holiday treat.
These cookies can be baked immediately after preparing the dough, as called for in the recipe. However, you can also place the dough in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours prior to baking, which will give you an even richer flavor.
If you decide to chill your dough, make sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap, and take it out of the refrigerator about an hour prior to baking to make it easier to scoop. I find that if you can give your cookie dough at least an hour in the fridge, it really pays off in the flavor.
Can’t get enough chocolate? I can’t let you go without reminding you of one of my other all-time favorite chocolate cookies: Hot Chocolate Cookies! They really do taste like a cup of hot cocoa–perfect for a snowy winter day!
I love baking and eating cookies, so it’s asking a lot for me to nail down what I think are the very best cookie recipes I’ve made and shared over the years. Still, I think I can confidently say that Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies are my all time favorite. With a rich chocolate dough and bits of peanut butter cups, those are the cookies I crave most when I want something rich and sweet.
How To Make Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar tightly packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa powder I prefer to do a mix of regular and dark cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups assorted chocolate chips such as milk chocolate, dark chocolate and semi-sweet.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter until light and creamy. Add in sugar and brown sugar and beat until well combined. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing until each is fully incorporated into batter. Add in vanilla and mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly add dry mixture to wet mixture, mixing until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough onto baking sheet. A large cookie scoop holds about 3 tablespoons of cookie dough. Space dough at least 2" apart.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes. Cookies should be starting to firm up but still soft in the middle. Remove from oven and allow to cool on pan on a wire rack for at least five minutes. Repeat with remaining dough. Allow to cool completely prior to storing. Store in an airtight container.
Check out all of the cookie recipes on this site!
I hope you enjoy these rich and delicious chocolate chocolate chip cookies!