I have a great cookie recipe for you today. Do you like chocolatey fudgey chewy cookies? (I’m thinking of course, who doesn’t?). Well if you do, you are in luck because these are all that and then some. Dark And White Chocolate Cookies with White Chocolate Chips And Snow Caps!
This recipe comes from my Double Dark Chocolate Cookies I made last year when I wanted to see how cookies would turn out if you replaced half the butter with Greek yogurt. The answer is they turn out all kinds of awesome and stay super moist and chewy for days. To heck with the fact that you cut out some fat and added some protein, it’s worth it just for the end result. If you need to make cookies a few days in advance (or just love a chewy cookie) I can’t recommend this recipe enough.
Due to the Greek yogurt, the cookie dough is very sticky. And right out of the oven they are almost brownie like. To me, these cookies are at their best the next day. I made my batch on Saturday morning, and here on Monday afternoon they are still fresh and fantastic.
I used Semi-Sweet Chocolate Snow Caps (found at Target) and white chocolate chips in mine, but you could really use anything that you wanted to. Once you have that great base cookie recipe, feel free to get creative with your mix-ins.
Like a cookie that looks perfect with lots of chips on top? In addition to mixing them into the dough, pop some on to the tops before baking.
When I first made these with Greek yogurt, I also used white whole wheat flour. They totally rocked. They are however even more decadent with all purpose flour, but by all means, go for the white whole wheat if you want. I do find that chocolate baked goods using whole wheat flour seem to change in texture over the first few hours and I almost always prefer them the following day.
I make these, and all my chocolate recipes that call for cocoa, with dark chocolate cocoa. I am a big dark chocolate fan, so it’s my default. I’m sure these would be delicious with regular cocoa as well. Here’s the recipe. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Dark & White Chocolate Cookie Recipe
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa regular cocoa can also be used
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of butter softened
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt I used vanilla flavor
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Snow Caps and 1 cup White Chocolate Chips feel free to use whatever mix ins and chips sound best to you!
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine your dry ingredients in a medium size bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine your yogurt and butter with a mixer. Mix well, though it may have a bit of a lumpy appearance (that is okay). Add in your sugars, mixing until well combined, followed with your eggs and vanilla. Mix until all items are well combined.
- Add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients and stir until combined, but do not over mix. Add in your chips or mix-ins. The dough will be very sticky.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet, leaving approximately 1" between cookies.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. They will still be soft when they come out.
- Immediately after removing from the oven, separate from the cookie sheet with a spatula so that they do not stick. Either leave on the sheet to cool or transfer to a wire rack. Makes approximately 3 dozen 2" cookies.
Craving more chocolate cookies? Here are some great recipes to try…
Double Dark Chocolate Cookies (the original version of this recipe made with whole wheat flour)
Creative Cookie Dough Mix Ins. Make your own dough or buy store bought, there are so many great things you can mix in to shake up your cookie recipes!
Hot Cocoa Cookies (seriously, these are incredible!!!)
My very favorite Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Recipe. This has been a holiday staple in our house for over a decade. If you love chocolate and peanut butter, you must make these. Period.
A totally decadent giant Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe inspired by Levain Bakery. These are like pulling out the big guns of chocolate cookies.
Have a delicious day!