These delicious and easy Homemade Vanilla Cupcakes that are perfect for spring and Easter dessert tables.
While I love baking cupcakes, I’ll be honest. I don’t always love decorating cupcakes.
Thankfully I’m pretty good at finding easy ways to decorate cupcakes.
And when I say easy, I do mean easy enough that my eight year old could probably handle. Made with simple ingredients, this is a simple ‘mix together the dry ingredients, mix together the wet ingredients, then combine’ recipe. While these spring cupcakes are made from scratch, they are every bit as easy as a box mix.
These homemade vanilla cupcakes make perfect Easter Cupcakes, and you can decorate them in a snap.
How To Decorate Easter Cupcakes
To frost and decorate these Easter cupcakes, I did use a piping bag and a Wilton Grass Icing tip. As you can see, I didn’t exactly perfectly pipe the frosting on as grass. It was more along the “good enough” frosting technique.
You can skip that step all together if you like, and just spread some frosting on these Easter cupcakes using an offset spatula. I prefer the small, angled offset spatula for this type of frosting.
CLICK TO PIN & SAVE
EASTER CUPCAKES RECIPE
Then the frosting on these Easter cupcakes is topped with simple Easter candy. I used a variety of different size jelly beans.
Cute and quick Easter cupcakes! But don’t put this recipe away when Easter is over, it’s a solid homemade vanilla cupcake recipe you’ll want to use year round.
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3 egg whites room temperature
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream room temperature
- 1/2 cup whole milk room temperature
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt optional
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-4 tbsp milk half and half or heavy cream as needed
- Green food coloring
- Assorted Brach’s Easter candies
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cupcake pan(s) with 16 cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients together until well combined.
- Using a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients until combined. This mixture may look quite lumpy, don't be alarmed.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix until combined, but do not over mix.
- Distribute the batter evenly into cupcake papers.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and springy to the touch. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely prior to frosting.
- Using a mixer, beat cream cheese until creamy. Add butter and beat until the two are well combined, approximately two minutes.
- Add one cup of powdered sugar and salt to the mixture and beat until combined.
- Add remaining powdered sugar, one cup at a time, beating each time until well combined. Add vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add milk, half and half or cream, one tbsp at a time, until desired texture is reached. Less liquid will give you a thicker frosting, more liquid will give you a thinner frosting.
- Add 2-3 drops of green food coloring and mix well. If a darker shade of green is desired, add additional food coloring and mix well.
- Pipe or spread frosting onto cooled cupcakes. Top with assorted Brach’s Easter candies.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Easter Dessert Ideas
Looking for more Easter dessert ideas? I’ve got you covered! Here are some of my favorite Easter dessert recipes.
I hope your friends and family enjoy these easy Easter cupcakes!
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Brach’s. All opinions however are mine and mine alone.
Wow, these were easy and tasted amazing. Big hit, will make again, thanks for the recipes!