This Eggnog Martini is a beautifully festive cocktail that’s the perfect balance of sweetness and spice. The addition of Amaretto liqueur takes the flavor in this delicious drink to the next level. This drink comes together quickly and pairs perfectly with holiday appetizers and desserts.
Reasons You’ll Love This Recipe:
- Elegant Eggnog – This pretty martini just might be the most sophisticated way yet to enjoy eggnog.
- Quick and Easy – Quick and easy to make, you can quickly whip this drink up, even for unexpected guests.
- Fabulous Flavor – Thanks to the amaretto, this drink has a wonderful nutty sweetness.
- Make One Or Many – This recipe is easy to scale up to make more. You can even make it in advance if needed.
- Salty Sweet – Eggnog martinis pair perfectly with salty holiday appetizers.
With Halloween behind us, I propose a toast to the incoming holiday season – with eggnog martinis! This festive eggnog cocktail is delicious, full of flavor and quick and easy to make. If you are looking for a fun drink for holiday gatherings or parties, make sure this martini is on the list!
Let’s discuss the ingredients you’ll need, and the steps you’ll take, to make this yummy Eggnog Martini. My goal is to provide you with information to help you be successful when making this recipe in your kitchen. If you want to skip my discussion, tips, information and answers to frequently asked questions, just scroll to the bottom for the full printable recipe.
- Eggnog – Homemade or your favorite store bought eggnog will work. Your eggnog should not contain alcohol.
- Vodka – Plain vodka works well, vanilla or whipped flavors are fantastic choices.
- Amaretto Liqueur – This sweet almond liqueur adds a nutty sweetness to this drink.
- Cinnamon and sugar – For rim garnish. You can garnish in just cinnamon or a cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Light corn syrup or caramel sauce – Also for rim garnish.
- Optional – Cinnamon or nutmeg to sprinkle on cocktails if desired.
- Optional – Cinnamon sticks for stirring
- Sprinkle some cinnamon or cinnamon sugar mixture onto a plate and set aside.
- Add a circle of corn syrup or caramel sauce to a small plate, then dip the rim of the glass into it. Take care not to apply too much or it will drip down the glass – though a little drip can look lovely.
- Next dip the syrup rimmed glass into either the cinnamon or cinnamon sugar mixture to create a rim. You may need to dip a few times to cover the syrup. Set prepared glass aside.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the eggnog, vodka and amaretto. Shake to mix cocktail.
- Strain into the prepared glass. If desired sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg and add a cinnamon stick for presentation.
Tips, Advice and FAQ
- Quality Eggnog Matters: The sweetness of the cocktail will be based on the eggnog you choose to use. Some lower quality eggnogs are full of sugar. Go for the best quality you can find or make a homemade batch for best results!
- Double Up: You can easily double this cocktail in the shaker just fill it halfway with ice.
- Chill Out: For the best results, start with chilled glasses. If you can place your glasses into the freezer at least 30 minutes prior to serving this drink, you will get the best results. Since this drink is served straight up and not on ice, starting with an icy cold glass helps keep your drink cool and delicious.
- Switch It Up: Feel free to get creative! Use vanilla or whipped vodka, or even replace the almond flavored Amaretto for hazelnut flavored Frangelico.
- Enjoy With Appetizers: Such as my Christmas Charcuterie Board or Cute Christmas Appetizers. Or as a night time snack with a slice of Eggnog Bread!
More Delicious Drinks To Try
- Strawberry Daiquiri
- Frozen Pina Colada
- Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Easy Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Jack Frost Cocktail
More Eggnog Recipes To Try:
I love to hear from readers like you! If you’ve tried this, please leave a comment and review below. If you have photos, tag me @lovefromtheoven #lftorecipes on Instagram and Pinterest. Thanks!
- 3 ounces eggnog use the best quality possible
- 1 ounce vodka
- 3/4 ounce Amaretto
- Cinnamon and/or Cinnamon Sugar For Rim
- Light Corn Syrup or Caramel Sauce For Rim
- Optional Cinnamon or Nutmeg To sprinkle on for garnish
- Optional Cinnamon Sticks For garnish
- Sprinkle some cinnamon or cinnamon sugar mixture onto a plate and set aside. Add a circle of corn syrup or caramel sauce to a small plate, then dip the rim of the glass into it. Take care not to apply too much or it will drip down the glass – though a little drip can look lovely. Next dip the syrup rimmed glass into either the cinnamon or cinnamon sugar mixture to create a rim. You may need to dip a few times to cover the syrup. Set prepared glass aside.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the eggnog, vodka and amaretto. Shake to mix cocktail. Strain into the prepared glass. If desired sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg and add a cinnamon stick for presentation.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Leave a Reply