This Frozen Pina Colada Recipe is perfect if you’re looking for a flavorful and refreshing adult-friendly beverage to enjoy this summer. It combines the flavor of pineapple juice with white rum, fresh pineapple, cream of coconut, and a few other ingredients. When you’re a pineapple and coconut lover, this Homemade Pina Colada is a must-try. It’s easy to make in minutes!
Do you like pina coladas? We do! Here are the reasons we love this pina colada recipe…
- It’s a flavorful and refreshing adult-friendly beverage that you enjoy at any time, but especially during the summer months when it’s warm outside!
- The flavors of coconut and pineapple pair perfectly together to create this frozen treat.
- Quick and easy to make. You won’t need too many ingredients or too much of your time to put this treat together.
Frozen Pina Colada Recipe
When you’re looking for that perfect summer beverage to prepare, this Easy Pina Colada Recipe is a must! You can impress your guests with a fruity frozen beverage consisting of pineapple juice, white rum, and several other key ingredients. You can easily double or triple this recipe for a group, or make a smaller batch for single serve pina coladas.
While you enjoy your beverage, make your kids their own frozen pineapple treat with my Disney Dole Whip Recipe!
How To Make A Pina Colada
You’ll make the Best Pina Colada Recipe by blending your rum with several other ingredients, including the ice, pineapple chunks, and fresh coconut juice. Once you’ve blended the ingredients for several minutes, you can pour and serve. It’s that simple! Add some garnishes to your drink to make it pop and you are all set.
Below, you will find discussion, expert tips, and answers to frequently asked questions about the recipe. The full printable recipe, with exact measurements and instructions, is at the bottom of this page.
What You Will Need
If you’d like to make this recipe, make sure you have the following ingredients:
- White Rum – Bacardi is the Best Rum for Pina Colada! If you don’t have it, you can use a different brand of white rum.
- Pineapple Juice – Make sure you’re using natural pineapple juice with no added sugar.
- Cream of Coconut – You can use any brand, but Coco Lopez is an excellent choice.
- Fresh Pineapple – Although it’s optional, adding chunks of pineapple to the blender gives your beverage more flavor.
- Maraschino Cherries – These are just for garnish and can be found in a jar in the baking aisle. You won’t need a whole jar so save some for my chocolate cherry cookies.
Steps to Take
Preparing this frozen beverage is easy. You’ll put the ice in the blender and then add the white rum, followed by your pineapple juice, cream of coconut, and chunks of pineapple.
Next, blend everything together. You can blend until you create the consistency that you personally prefer.
You can pour the beverage into a stemless wine glass or any glass of your choosing before garnishing it with more pineapple and cherries. You can also add a lime or orange slice if you’d like to get super fancy.
- If you don’t want the drink to taste too strong, you can add extra pineapple juice to the blender while mixing your ingredients.
- You can make an alcohol-free version of this beverage by omitting the rum from it! My kids love their kid friendly pina coladas.
- Try preparing this beverage with a cocktail shaker if you don’t have a blender available to use. You still have all the flavor of a classic frozen pina colada without all the fuss of blending it.
Frequently Asked Questions – F.A.Q.
Can I use canned coconut milk? Canned coconut milk isn’t the same as the cream of coconut. It will not work well with this recipe. If all you have is canned coconut milk, you can use the top cream part. You won’t want to use the milky part as it won’t give the same creamy consistency.
How much ice do I need to use? You can use as much ice as you’d like to make a frozen pina colada. A ½ cup of ice may be good enough, but if you’d like the beverage even thicker, you can add more ice to it. I suggest starting with ½ and adding more as needed.
Can I use any kind of white rum? Yes! Although Bacardi is an excellent choice, it’s fine to use any white rum that you already have at home.
Can I use canned pineapple? You can, but fresh is best in this recipe. I suggest using pineapple chunks if you have to use canned instead of fresh. Have a fresh pineapple? Here is how to cut it.
More Great Recipes
Homemade drinks are a favorite at our house. We love to make drinks that are fun for parties or great to drink on a busy weeknight. Some of our other go-to drinks are:
- Ice Cream Maker Margaritas
- Pineapple Cranberry Cooler
- Frozen Fruit Strawberry Smoothie
- Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Easy Homemade Slushies
- Color Changing Cocktail
- Strawberry Daiquiri
- Blue Frost Cocktail
If you love the flavors of pineapple and coconut, here are some recipes to try.
- Pina Colada Pie
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe
- Ambrosia Fruit Salad
- Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken
- Coconut Cream Cheesecake Bars
- Easy Coconut Cupcakes
Frozen Pina Colada Recipe
- 1 cup ice
- 2 oz White Rum
- 3 oz Natural Pineapple Juice no sugar added variety
- 1 oz Cream of Coconut Coco Lopez is a great choice
- 1/2 cup cup up fresh pineapple optional but recommended
- Fresh pineapple and cherries for garnish if desired
- Add ice to a high speed blender.
- Add the White rum, Pineapple Juice, Cream of Coconut and Pineapple Chunks to the blender. Blend ingredients until you reach your desired consistency.
- Pour into a stemless wine glass and add additional crushed ice if desired. Garnish your Piña Colada with a pineapple wedge and Maraschino cherry!
If you don’t have a blender, you can also prepare this cocktail shaken in a cocktail shaker for equally delicious results. Be sure that you are using Cream of Coconut for this recipe; it is a special mix for cocktails that is sweetened. Canned Coconut milk will not produce the same results.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.