Eggnog Cupcakes are a perfect treat this holiday season. An eggnog lovers dream, both the cupcakes and the frosting are made with eggnog. This easy to make Christmas cupcake recipe is packed full of festive flavor that your family will love!
Eggnog Cupcakes Recipe
People wait all year long for eggnog. But eggnog doesn’t need to be relegated to a holiday party punch bowl the night before Christmas. Eggnog deserves the spotlight throughout the holiday!
From eggnog cookies to eggnog cake and even eggnog pie, my family loves eggnog in our holiday sweet treats. I even work it into breakfast with eggnog pancakes and eggnog crumb cake! Yet somehow I have never shared Eggnog Cupcakes with you. So when my friends at Arizona’s own Shamrock Farms asked if I’d like to share one of my favorite ways to use eggnog, I jumped at the chance. Thank you to Shamrock Farms for sponsoring this post.
Using Eggnog In Recipes
One of the things that I love about using eggnog in recipes, aside from how great it makes them taste, is that in many recipes you can easily replace the milk with eggnog. It’s a simple swap to infuse your recipes with seasonal flavor.
The eggnog cupcakes in this recipe have an outstanding texture and flavor. They are moist, with a tender crumb, and bake up perfectly. They are not overly sweet, which makes them pair perfectly with the eggnog frosting they are topped with.
Shamrock Farms Eggnog has been a favorite in my family since I was a little girl, which isn’t surprising given that it’s a small batch recipe that has been perfected over three generations. It’s made from pure, fresh Shamrock Farms milk and cream from a family of local farms. It’s custom blend of spices gives it the creamiest premium taste that makes it a holiday must-have.
I hope your family enjoys these easy Eggnog Cupcakes as much as mine does.
Don’t forget to grab a coupon to save $1 on any two Shamrock products! Then follow them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest! Check out these other great recipes I’ve made with Shamrock Farms products:
- Eggnog Cookies
- Chocolate Mocha Cookies
- Chocolate Muffins
- Easy Alfredo Sauce
- Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Happy Holidays to you and your family!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup Shamrock Farms Eggnog
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract rum extract can also be used
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup shortening such as Crisco
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp Shamrock Farms Eggnog
- 1 tsp vanilla extract rum extract can also be used
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in a bowl and mix to combine well.
- In a large mixing bowl combine Shamrock Farms Eggnog, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and eggs. Once combined add water to the liquid ingredients and mix to combine. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. The cupcake batter will be very runny.
- Prepare a cupcake pan with paper liners. Scoop or pour cake batter into each cavity, filling 1/2 way full. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Remove from oven and place pan a wire rack to cool for approximately 5 minutes, then remove cupcakes from pan. If using a 12 count cupcake pan, repeat process with second half of the batter. Allow to cool completely prior to frosting.
- Combine softened butter and shortening in a large bowl, and mix with an electric mixer until well combined and smooth. Add 2 cups powdered sugar, nutmeg and salt to the butter mixture and mix until well combined. Add 2 tbsp of the Shamrock Farms Eggnog to the mixture, along with vanilla (or rum) extract, and mix until well combined. Add remaining powdered sugar and mix until well combined. Add remaining 2 tbsp Shamrock Farms Eggnog and mix until well combined. If a thinner frosting is desired, add additional eggnog, 1/2 tbsp at a time. Pipe or frost cooled cupcakes.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Shamrock Farms. All opinions are mine and mine alone. #ShamrockFarms