It’s National Margarita Day! Let’s celebrate with a slice of Margarita Cheesecake Pie! And maybe a few margaritas!
I love margaritas. I love pie. I love cheesecake. So I figured that combining the three might be a good idea. And let me tell you, it most certainly is.What takes this pie totally over the top is the crust. It’s made of Ritz Crackers. Buttery, salty, perfection. It’s the perfect compliment to cream cheese. And the only baking required in this recipe is putting that crust in the oven for ten minutes. The rest of this is no bake – serious simplicity here.
This recipe is perfect for Cinco De Mayo and will be a great summer option when you don’t want the oven heating up the house. While it’s called margarita for the lime flavor, there isn’t any alcohol in this, so the whole family is free to enjoy.
MARGARITA CHEESECAKE PIE
- 1 and 1/2 sleeves Ritz Crackers approximately 50 crackers
- 1/2 tsp salt sea salt works great
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2-3 limes
- 1 can (14 ouncsweetened condensed milk
- 2 oz packages (8 eacPHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese softened
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice lemon juice will also work
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Crush crackers into into crumbs. A food processor works great for this. Add melted butter to cracker crumbs and mix well. Press cracker crumb and butter mixture into a 9" pie plate. Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese with a mixer. Add in sweetened condensed milk and beat well to combine. Using a zester, zest two or three lines. Add lime zest and lime or lemon juice to mixture, and beat well. The mixture may be a bit lumpy at first, don't worry, just beat until smooth and creamy. Poor mixture into pie crust. Place in refrigerator for at least two hours. Slice, serve and enjoy. Store in refrigerator.
I am such a fan of lime and margarita flavored desserts, I really can’t get enough of them. Here are a few other margarita dessert recipes of mine that I love…
Other bloggers have some great recipes as well. Dinners, Dishes and Desserts has a great recipe for Frozen Key Lime Margarita Squares. Keep It Sweet Desserts has Margarita Frosting Shots. How amazing do those sounds? I mean what’s not to love about margaritas, or frosting? Recipe girl has a delicious Cinco De Mayo Margarita Cake recipe. Still want more delicious margarita dessert recipes? I’ve got them for you in my Margarita Dessert Recipe Round Up!