Have you ever tried the Neiman Marcus Cookie Recipe? Some people refer to it as the $250 Cookie Recipe. No matter what you call it, or if the legend behind it is true, it’s DELICIOUS! The Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe has been a favorite of mine since back in college!
Back when I was in college (go Sun Devils!) I worked at a hair salon. One of my co-workers made the best chocolate chip cookies around.
I didn’t do a ton of baking in those days, but I had to have her cookie recipe. The chocolate chip cookies had so much flavor, great texture, and little bits of chocolate flecks throughout.
Neiman Marcus Cookies
Her cookie recipe came with quite the story. It was the Neiman Marcus Cookie Recipe. What are Neiman Marcus Cookies you might ask? No worries, I was confused as well.
Here’s my understanding of the (urban) legend behind the Neiman Marcus recipe for cookies.
If you love cookies, sign up for my newsletter and get my free Cookies Cookbook e-Book!
Neiman Marcus Cookie Legend
The Neiman Marcus legend goes something like this. Supposedly a woman was eating lunch at the Neiman Marcus cafe and quite enjoyed the cookies. So she asked for the recipe. She was told that the cost was “two fifty” and assumed that meant $2.50.
Then later on a bill, or charge on her card, shows up for $250 for the recipe. She then shares it with the world, and here we are.
Except, at least according to Snopes, that’s all false.
Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
While the legend of the Neiman Marcus cookies might not be true, these are TRULY delicious cookies.
What makes them different than other chocolate chip cookies? They are distinct, they are not like my Chewy Oatmeal Cookies, Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies or Levain Bakery Style Cookies. Those are all delicious, but different.
These cookies have two main differences from most other cookies:
- They contain oats, but those oats are ground in a food processor or blender
- They contain grated or shaved chocolate, which really gives every bite chocolate flavor
While those differences are small, they really have an awesome impact on flavor. If you like to try different cookie recipes, I encourage you to give these a try. You can click here to Pin the recipe and save it for later!
Neiman Marcus Cookie Recipe
Click to Pin and Save!
Neiman Marcus Cookie Recipe
- Cookie Sheets
- Blender, Food Processor or Coffee Grinder
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups oats old fashioned or instant, not steel cut
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 12 oz chocolate chips semi-sweet recommended
- 4 oz bar milk chocolate* I actually prefer dark chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts if desired
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- First, In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Next, Using a food processor, blender or grinder, grind oats to a fine powder. Combine oats, flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda and mix until combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Add in chocolate chips, nuts and grated chocolate bar and stir until just combined.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto a cookie sheat that has been lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for ten minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
Looking for other DELICIOUS cookie recipes? Try some of my favorites:
- Soft Gingerbread Cookies
- Soft Sugar Cookies
- The Best Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
- Snickerdoodle Recipe
- Oatmeal Scotchies
- Butter Cookies
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- Doubletree Cookie Recipe
Don’t forget you can get my 15 Favorite Cookie Recipes Cookbook FREE when you subscribe to my newsletter!