I stand by my theory that muffins are the ultimate for quick weekday breakfasts. Especially when you manage to get a fruit, a veggie and whole wheat into those muffins.
As I prefer my muffins to be, this recipe is simple and straight forward. Also, while I have used half pumpkin and half banana, you could easily only one or the other. You could also switch out walnuts for the pecans.
This recipe makes 12 large muffins or you could make a single loaf of bread with it. Flexibility in baking – it’s what I’m all about. If only everything else in life was so easy to adapt, switch and change.
Pumpkin Banana Cinnamon Pecan Muffins
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup ripe bananas - approx 2 small bananas I puree mine in the food processor, otherwise mash well
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 stick softened butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans I used candied pecans, but you can use regular or substitute walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat over to 350 Degrees F.
- Prepare your muffin pan by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugars.
- In a separate bowl (or food processor), combine pumpkin puree, bananas, Greek yogurt, butter, vanilla and eggs, mix well to combine.
- Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients, and mix until just combined. Scoop batter into prepared muffin pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine pecans, sugar and cinnamon. Stir to mix. Spoon or sprinkle on top of each muffin.
- Bake for approx 20-25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean and muffins spring back when lightly touched.
MORE BANANA RECIPES TO TRY:
- Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Vanilla Banana Muffins
- Butterscotch Banana Muffins
- Pumpkin Banana Muffins
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Banana Bread Muffins
- Simple Banana Bread
Looking for other muffin recipes? How about…