How To Make Chocolate Covered Pretzels Tutorial

I love making chocolate covered pretzels.

They are pretty.   They are colorful.   They are delicious.   And they are easy.

As I’ve said before, they are my go to dessert recipe if I need to bring a dessert somewhere and I also make them for many holidays to give to friends, family, teachers…

Do you want to know how to make chocolate covered pretzels?  While I’ve walked through making them here before, I thought I would show you with a video.    Since neither my one year old nor my dogs wanted to help me, I had to prop up the camera and hope for the best.   While not exactly film festival material, hopefully this does show you how I make my pretzels…

Here’s a look at my “set up” if you will when I make pretzels.

I have pretzels, my chocolate, a bowl to catch sprinkles with, my sprinkles and a cookie sheet covered in wax paper.

If you haven’t tried making chocolate pretzels, give it a go.  I find these far easier to make than cake pops or other sweet treats.   And who can resist that salty sweet combo???  :)

For those who want to know, I get all of my pretty sprinkles from ABC Cake Decorating – a store I love love LOVE.

Here are some of my other pretzel posts if you want to check them out…

Valentine Pretzels

St. Patrick’s Day Pretzels

Peeps Pretzels

Samoa Pretzels

S’more Pretzels

Christmas Pretzels

Comments

1. Kathy says

What chocolate do you use? I have not tried chocolate covered pretzels (yet) but when I make cake pops, my chocolate is usually so thick that I end up scooping and smearing rather than dipping. Just stumbled across your site from a link on Foodgawker.com. Love the site! Though a Phoenician for most of my life, I live in Florida now. Next time I am in town I will have to check out the ABC store.

Yummy! A couple friends and I have a “Dip and Sip” night to make chocolate covered pretzels, marshmallows and spoons. I love your s’mores idea – we’ll have to try that next. Thanks for sharing! – Em

I just made these tonight following your tutorial! Thank you SO much, I think these just changed my life ;) I linked to your blog from mine so everyone can check this out, and pinned it as well! Cheers!

4. Kathleen says

What kind of chocolate do you use? I make them at christmas, but this year had a hard time finding white chocolate (that’s what we prefer). Had to use Nestle white chocolate chips, 1 bag did fine, the other would not melt to save a life. Would like to make them more often and your ideas are so pretty if I could find the right chocolate.

5. Janna says

I saw your idea on pinterest and tried it myself without watching tutorial :) It helps to see the tricks on how to do this! Very cute idea!

6. Melissa says

Hello,
    Thank you SO much for the easy to follow tutorial. These look beautiful! I am planning to make them for my daughters communion.
    Would you please tell me how far in advance chocolate covered pretzels can be made, and what the best storage ideas are? Thank you so much!

7. Mari says

What kind of sprinkles did you use? I went to the ABC website but there are two different kinds the regular sprinkles, then the glitter sprinkles. And how much of the glitter sprinkles should you buy if you used those ones? Only because they sell them by 1/2 oz.

8. Jodi says

I was going to try and make chocolate covered pretzel rods for my daughter’s class. When I came across your post, the small pretzels looked so cute that I had to give it a try! I used chocolate chips,melted them in the microwave and dipped away! Before I knew it, we had done almost a whole 1 lb. bag of pretzels! I did stick the chocolate back in the microwave once when it started to thicken, but that was 2/3 of the way through. This was super fun and an easy thing to do with my 7 year old. She liked it so much that we are making more for our family to enjoy on Christmas! Thanks for the great post!

9. Mary Pat says

Hi, I have to make 300 chocolate covered pretzels for a wedding in September. Wondering how far in advance I can make them and what is the best way to store them? Thanks so much!

Mary, I try to not make them more than a couple days in advance, sometimes when dipping something crunchy into chocolate I find that by the week mark the crunch aspect starts to get a bit chewy. For storing, I usually do tupperware style containers but don’t completely seal them down airtight, more of a loosely covered type of thing. I hope that helps. :)

1. […] What some did share is that a single, nicely packaged baked good is by far the best way to go.  One beautifully decorated cookie.   A single fancy cake pop.  One freshly made cinnamon roll.  My daughter’s teacher shared how she liked the individual cupcakes I have sent in before – they were nicely packaged and presented (always makes food more appealing) and being a single cupcake, it could be a dessert and wouldn’t go to waste.    Another baked good that has gone over well is chocolate covered pretzels.   These have a much longer shelf life than say cookies or cupcakes and ingredient wise are pretty straight forward and apparent.   I have a tutorial with a video of how I make chocolate covered pretzels if you want to try making s… […]