This easy Smores Cookie Recipe combines the classic flavors of chocolate, marshmallow and graham crackers into one delicious cookie. To take it to the next level, peanut butter joins the party to create a cookie that your friends and family will rave about!
Reasons To Make These Cookies
- The combination of chocolate, marshmallows, peanut butter and graham crackers is absolutely irresistible.
- Smores Cookies are a fun alternative to chocolate chip cookies.
- You get all of the great flavors of smore’s, with no need for a campfire.
- They are a fabulous dessert for summer get togethers.
Smores Cookie Recipe
Your family and friends will love these easy Smores Cookies. If you share with friends and family, get ready to pass on the link to this recipe, because you’ll get definitely get recipe requests! After making them once, you might just find yourself making double batches in the future!
In the past I’ve shared Chocolate S’mores Cookies, which includes similar ingredients, but in a chocolate based cookies. I’ve also shared S’mores Cookies that are baked directly onto graham crackers, which are fun and unique. Rice Krispies Treats S’mores are a fun way to enjoy smores, as is S’more Fudge!
How To Make Smores Cookies
Please keep in mind that the full printable Smores Cookie recipe, with exact measurements and instructions, can be found at the bottom of this page. This portion of the post is just for discussion, tips, and answering common questions you may have about the recipe. I work hard to give you helpful information, but if you just want the recipe and nothing more, you’ll find it at the bottom.
What You Will Need
- Unsalted Butter – unsalted butter allows you to better control the amount of salt in the recipe but salted butter would also work.
- Creamy Peanut Butter – crunchy would work as well for a different texture, or you can substitute with a different nut butter.
- Brown Sugar – dark brown sugar or light brown sugar will work.
- Granulated Sugar
- Eggs – make sure they are large in size. Also, while not required, I prefer my eggs room temp for baking.
- Vanilla Extract – if possible, always go with pure vanilla extract.
- All-Purpose Flour – make sure you stir your flour, then spoon it into your measuring cup. Do not measure by scooping your flour with the measuring cup. Not sure what I mean? Check out my post about flour.
- Graham Cracker Crumbs – you can purchase prepared crumbs or you can crush graham crackers into fine crumbs.
- Baking Powder – always check the expiration date.
- Baking Soda – just like with baking powder, check your expiration date.
- Fine Sea Salt or Kosher Salt – I love Diamond Salt, Jacobsen Sea Salt and Maldon Salt Flakes. You can also use ¼ teaspoon table salt.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips – milk chocolate or dark chocolate chips can be substituted. I personally find milk chocolate chips too sweet (in any recipe) but this is a matter of taste.
- Dehydrated Marshmallow Bits – these are the little crunchy marshmallows you find in hot chocolate mix or cereals. Kraft makes some called Jet Puffed Bits. Fun fact, the container features my Hot Cocoa Cookies recipe on the back of it! Some stores have them available in the baking aisle but if you can’t find them at your local store you can purchase them on Amazon. I prefer these to mix in to the dough because they don’t puff up and spread like regular marshmallows. However, you can also substitute with mini marshmallows but be aware that they will spread and make your cookies less uniform. They will still taste delicious!
- Graham Crackers – I prefer the plain, or honey versions.
- Mini Marshmallows – mini are the perfect size but if you only have access to regular sized marshmallows you can tear them into small pieces.
- Chocolate Bar – any brand/flavor works but Hershey’s chocolate bars will give that classic s’mores flavor.
Steps To Take
To make this Smore’s Cookie Recipe, begin by preheating the oven. Then butter, peanut butter and the sugars are mixed together using a mixer. Eggs and vanilla are then added and mixed in as well.
Next, dry ingredients are combined in a separate bowl. After that the wet and dry ingredients are combined. Then chocolate chips, dehydrated marshmallows and graham cracker pieces are folded in.
Cookie dough is then scooped onto baking sheets, topped with mini-marshmallows and chocolate bar pieces, then baked.
Cookies are then baked for approximately 8-10 minutes per sheet.
S’mores Cookie Recipe Storage Instructions
Store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. To keep cookies extra soft, tuck a piece of simple sandwich bread into the container as well. This trick works well to keep almost all cookies soft while being stored.
Freezing Smore’s Cookies
To freeze baked cookies allow them to cool completely. Lay them on a baking sheet in a single layer and freeze for 1 hour before placing in a freezer-safe container. Freeze for up to 3 months. You can also freeze the dough before baking. Place balls of dough on a baking sheet and freeze for 1 hour. Place in a freezer-safe container and freeze up to 3 months. Thaw and add toppings before baking.
Save this recipe!
Smores Cookie Recipe
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour measured by spooning into a measuring cup
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dehydrated marshmallows Jet Puffed Bits / Mallow Bits
- 4 graham cracker sheets, broken into small pieces
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 3 oz chocolate bar, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. In a large mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the unsalted butter, peanut butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until well-combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips, dehydrated marshmallows and graham cracker pieces.
- Scoop cookie dough onto a baking sheet 2 inches apart and use a spoon or the palm of your hand to flatten the cookies slightly. Place a mini marshmallow and chopped chocolate bar piece on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are set (center will still be soft). Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.