Strawberry Blondies are a sweet springtime dessert that you won’t be able to get enough of. A chewy, rich blondie batter meets it’s match with fresh, juicy strawberries that give this recipe a fantastic burst of flavor. However, you must be cautious. When you make these once, you won’t be able to stop!
Reasons You’ll Love This Recipe
Sweet and Simple – This recipe has less than 10 ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry! In 6 simple steps you will be biting into a delicious strawberry blondie in no time.
Strawberry Everything – If strawberry isn’t your #1 favorite fruit, it’s about to be. These blondies really have a bright fruity flavor.
Blondies Have More Fun – Bored of the usual brownie recipe? This is a great alternative, especially if you’re out of cocoa powder.
Crowd Pleaser – This recipe never fails to impress a crowd.
Spring is Coming – The groundhog texted me personally and said spring is on the way! This a great dessert for all the spring holidays like Valentines Day, Easter, Mother’s Day etc.
Who doesn’t love a solid blondie recipe? Especially the ones with fruit in them because, that makes them healthy, right? Regardless, whether you’re making these for a loved one, or for yourself, I have no doubt they’ll become your new favorite dessert!
Ingredients and Substitutions
Let’s discuss how to make this recipe, as well as the ingredients that are needed. Please take note that below you will find discussion, expert tips, and answers to frequently asked questions about this recipe to help you recreate it in your kitchen. If you *just* want the recipe itself, scroll down. The full printable recipe itself, with exact measurements and instructions, is found at the bottom of this page.
- Strawberries – This recipe calls for fresh, chopped strawberries. If you don’t have any on hand, you can use frozen strawberries. Just make sure to let them sit out to thaw or else they will make your blondies wet and soggy. If you don’t have that either, you can swirl a few tablespoons of strawberry or raspberry jam into the blondie batter once it’s in the pan.
- Brown Sugar – Brown sugar adds a beautiful, chewy, caramel flavor and texture to the blondies. You can substitute it for white granulated sugar as well, you’ll just miss out on that flavor.
- Flour – When measuring flour, make sure to spoon it into the measuring cup and level it off before adding it to the recipe. You don’t want these blondies to be too dry!
- Butter – You’ll want to use salted butter for this recipe.
- White Chocolate Chips – White chocolate goes great with strawberries. If you don’t have any, or just don’t like the taste of white chocolate you can use regular chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, coconut flakes, chopped nuts, or nothing at all! These aren’t a necessary ingredient.
How To Make Strawberry Blondies
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350° and line an 8×8 baking dish with a large sheet of parchment paper that hangs over the edges of the pan. This is so it’s easier to lift the blondies out of the pan after they’re baked.
- In a large heat safe bowl, add your butter and microwave it until it’s melted. To the melted butter, pour in your brown sugar and whisk that together until smooth. Add the vanilla, whisk and allow this mixture to cool before whisking in the egg.
- In a separate larger bowl, add your dry ingredients; flour, salt, and baking powder. Whisk this together until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Stir it together to combine. Add the white chocolate chips and chopped strawberries. Pour the batter into your parchment lined baking dish.
- Bake the blondies for 25-30 minutes in the oven or until they’re done. You’ll know it’s done because the center will be soft but the edges will be a golden brown color.
- Allow the brownies to cool, completely, remove them from the pan, slice them into even squares, and serve!
Recipe Tips and Advice
Storage – Store the leftover blondies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. They can also be frozen for 3 months. If you want to reheat them, just leave them in the fridge overnight.
Equipment – For this recipe you’ll need an 8×8 baking dish, parchment paper, a whisk, large mixing bowls, as well as measuring cups and spoons. You can also use either a 9×9 baking dish or a 9×13 baking dish for these blondies, just adjust the baking time. If you use a 9×13, just know they will be thinner and bake MUCH faster. Check on them every 10 minutes to make sure they’re not over baked.
Yes! Blondies taste great when the center is still soft and chewy. It is still safe to eat, and in my opinion, even more delicious!
Yes, the baking times just may differ slightly.
This may be because you used frozen strawberries, or you didn’t let your strawberries dry before adding them to the batter. Make sure you pat the strawberries as dry as you possibly can before adding it to the batter.
More Similar Dessert Recipes to Try
Having fun baking for your loved ones this spring? Try out a few more of these similar and amazing sweets you can make for your friends and family.
- Brown Butter Blondies
- Pumpkin Blondies
- Caramel Blondies
- Brookie Recipe
- Strawberry Lemon Cupcakes
- Strawberry Cupcakes
- Valentine Brownie Bites
- Red Velvet Brownies
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar measured packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8X8 inch baking pan with parchment paper so you can lift the blondies right out of the pan later.
- Melt the butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Whisk in the brown sugar until smooth. Whisk in the vanilla. When this mixture is sufficiently cooled, whisk in the egg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Stir this into the butter and sugar mixture. When this is completely combined, fold in the white chocolate chips and the chopped strawberries. Pour this mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. The middle may still be soft but the edges should be pulling away from the sides and the top should be golden. Allow to cool before removing from the pan.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.