Air Fryer Hot Dogs just might forever change how you make your hot dogs! Cooking hot dogs in the air fryer gives you the juiciness of a rotisserie and the char of an outdoor grill! Full of flavor, they rival any hot dogs made on a grill or even from your favorite hot dog vendor. Just the right amount of crispy on the outside, while perfectly tender on the inside, your family will love these easy to make hot dogs!
Reasons To Make Hot Dogs In An Air Fryer
- Amazing flavor. Air Fryer Hot Dogs come out with the perfect amount of crispiness on the outside, while being incredibly tender and juicy on the inside. They are everything hot dogs should be!
- Lightening fast. While there is no denying that grilled hot dogs are delicious, grilling is a bit more of a time commitment than most of us want to make to whip up a weekday lunch for the kids. These are quick!
- Easy peasy. No messing with the grill, no boiling water, no mess in the microwave. Truly, I don’t think it gets any easier than this. And clean up is a cinch!
- Ballpark style hotdogs on demand. By using an air fryer, you can have that great ballpark hot dog taste any time you like.
Hot Dogs In The Air Fryer
Everyday I find new ways to use my air fryer, and using it to make hot dogs might be one of my favorite uses yet! Much like using my air fryer to reheat pizza, this really is a game changer. Once you make hot dogs in an air fryer, you will never want to put one in a microwave, or pot of boiling water, again. To put it simply, this is the perfect way to cook hot dogs.
Let’s discuss how to make these hot dogs, as well as the ingredients that are needed. Please take note that below you will find discussion, expert tips, and answers to frequently asked questions about this recipe to help you recreate it in your kitchen. If you *just* want the recipe itself, scroll down. The full printable recipe itself, with exact measurements and instructions, is found at the bottom of this page.
How To Cook Hot Dogs In An Air Fryer
Really all you need to make these is hot dogs, buns and toppings of choice, along with an air fryer. I used this Cosori Pro Air Fryer.
How long to cook hot dogs in an air fryer? Preheat the air fryer for two minutes at 390 degrees then cook the hot dogs for 5 minutes. For best results do not overcrowd the air fryer, there needs to be room for air to circulate.
Do take note that there are a vide variety of hot dog sizes and styles, just as there are a variety of air fryer makes and models. Some may take slightly less time, while others may take slightly longer.
Take the hot dogs out of the air fryer and place in buns. Put the buns with the hot dogs back in the air fryer at 390 degrees for one minute.
Then simply remove from the air fryer, garnish and serve. It’s so simple, and the results are simply spectacular! Your friends and family will absolutely rave about how great they turn out.
Have burger fans in your family is well! Have no fear, you can making amazing Air Fryer Cheeseburgers as well! And don’t forget some fresh Air Fryer Corn On The Cob and Air Fryer Tater Tots on the side!
Hot Dog Toppings
There are so many delicious ways to top your hot dogs. Here is a list of suggestions to get your creative juices flowing!
- BBQ Sauce
- Shredded Cheese
- Bacon Crumbles
- Hot Sauce
- Buffalo Sauce
- Ranch Dressing
For Halloween, make sure to try my adorably Mummy Hot Dogs!
Check out all of my Air Fryer Recipes!
Side Dish Ideas
Check out our favorite side dish recipes to serve alongside your hot dogs for a delicious meal that everyone will love!
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Old Fashioned Potato Salad
- Rotini Pasta Salad
- KFC Coleslaw Recipe
- Crockpot Baked Beans
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Old Fashioned Macaroni Salad
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Easy Mac and Cheese
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Air Fryer
- 4 hot dogs your favorite style/brand
- 4 hot dog buns
- toppings and garnish as desired
- Preheat air fryer for 2 minutes at 390 degrees then cook dogs for 5 minutes. Take the hot dogs out of the air fryer and place in buns. Put the buns with the hot dogs back in the air fryer at 390 degrees for 1 minute.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
I am new to air frying and enjoy trying all the new ideas. I recently made hot dogs in my air fryer. I rubbed my favorite chicken seasoning and some baking powder around my beef hot dogs and yum! Sounds weird, but try it.
Sooooo yummy! My favourite way to cook hot dogs! 😋
Better when flipping them over after 5 minutes and cooking for another few minutes.
SOO tasty! Thanks for the recipe. It’s how I’ll continue to make hot dogs.
We were looking for a new way to cook hotdogs & found this idea! It was perfect! The hot dogs were perfectly cooked & tasted delish! Thanks for sharing!
Curious why you put the cooked dogs in buns then place them back in the air fryer. Is it to just warm the buns?
Christi Johnstone says
To warm them and some people like their buns toasted. 100% personal preference.
Turned out REALLY great, so much better than the microwave.