Air Fryer Tater Tots are a quick, easy and irresistable side dish that everybody loves. If you love tater tots, you simply must try making them in your air fryer. The results are wonderfully crispy, and don’t get dried out like they sometimes can in the oven. Your friends and family will love when you serve up tots that taste like they came from your favorite burger shop!
Reasons You’ll Love These Tots!
They taste amazing! With a crispy exterior and flavorful interior, the air fryer turns out perfect tater tots every time, with the need for extra oil.
This is a quick and easy recipe, it only takes a few minutes to whip up a batch of your favorite frozen tater tots.
Kids absolutely loves these bite size potato treats.
Tater Tots In An Air Fryer
Making frozen tater tots in an air fryer combines two things I love – potatoes and my air fryer! They are quick and easy to make and taste so much better than tater tots made in the oven. While I have been known to visit particular restaurants just because they have tater tots, I love that I can now make them taste every bit as delicious, at home.
How To Cook Tater Tots In An Air Fryer
Cooking tater tots in the air fryer is super quick and easy. Make as few, or as many, as you like, and be enjoying these little bites of potato goodness in about ten minutes time. You can skip the pre-heating, just toss them in and turn on your air fryer.
This cooking method works both with standard tater tots and sweet potato tots (my favorite!). Whichever brand and type of tots your family enjoys most, grab a bag of those and let’s get cooking. These instructions are written for two servings but you can double or triple as needed.
Cook your frozen tots at 400 degrees.
How Long To Cook Tater Tots In Air Fryer
To cook the frozen tater tots, place them in a single layer in the basket of your air fryer, and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes. If you are making a large amount of tots, it’s better to make them in batches than to crowd the air fryer. Make sure to allow room for the air to circulate throughout the fryer, around the tots, for the best, crispiest results.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you are looking for more quick and easy air fryer recipes, I’ve got you covered. Here are some of my favorite tried and true recipes for you to try.
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Air Fryer Corn On The Cob
- How To Reheat Pizza In An Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Frozen Chicken Wings In The Air Fryer
Air Fryer Tips
- It’s best to avoid aerosolized cooking sprays (such as your regular non-stick can of cooking spray) with your air fryer. Over time they can erode the non-stick surface. If desired you can brush oil into your basket with either a pastry brush or even just a paper towel. Another option is to get a non-aerosol sprayer bottle to use with an oil of your choice.
- Make sure you use tongs or utensils that do not have metal tips, as they can scratch the coating of the basket.
- For best results, don’t overcrowd the basket! Air fryers need room for the air to circulate in order to work their magic. Place tots in a single layer and give them some breathing room.
Air Fryer Tater Tots
- Air Fryer
- 18 frozen tater tots use your favorite brand
- Place frozen tots in the air fryer basket in an even layer, do not overcrowd. Cook at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes, turning half way through. Cook for 2-3 minutes more for crispier tots. Season and serve with your favorite dipping sauces.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.