I love holiday baking for so many reasons. It brings family and friends together, it’s often packed full of traditions and special Christmas recipes, it’s a way to share our love of food and people, and it features some of my favorite flavors, such as chocolate and peppermint.
The smell of candy canes and peppermint in the air always makes me happy and puts me in the holiday mood. As a Kraft Tastemaker, I love sharing my favorite recipes each month, so I’m happy to combine my love of chocolate and peppermint for this month’s dessert – Chocolate And Peppermint Striped Delight.
With so much going on around the holidays, it can also be a very hectic time of year. I love to bake Christmas cookies and prepare trays full of treats for our friends and family, but I also love to have some quick and easy recipes on hand that make holiday entertaining quick and easy.
This Chocolate And Peppermint Striped Delight is simple to make, requires no baking, can be made ahead of time and deliciously blends the holiday flavor of peppermint with the classic flavor of chocolate. It’s a perfect holiday dessert.
This Chocolate And Peppermint Striped Delight comes together in minutes, and it’s great to make a day or two ahead of time.
When I’m preparing a holiday meal or having friends and family over, I like to have dessert prepared and ready to go ahead of time, letting me focus on the meal and our company. This dessert is perfect for that. You can even have the kids help you make this one, it’s that simple!
You can use traditional chocolate sandwich cookies in this recipe for the crust, but if you come across candy cane or peppermint chocolate sandwich cookies, feel free to use them, it will give you even more peppermint flavor and add a fun festive holiday touch.
If you enjoy this dessert, make sure to try my Oreo Dirt Cake as well!
Chocolate And Peppermint Striped Delight
- 35 Chocolate Sandwich Cookies if you can find a peppermint or candy cane version, you can use those!
- 6 Tbsp. butter melted
- 1 pkg. 8 oz. PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup finely crushed candy canes
- 2 Tbsp. cold milk
- 1 tub 12 oz. COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- 2 pkg. 3.9 oz. each JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 3-1/4 cups cold milk
- 1/4 cup coarsely crushed candy canes
- PROCESS cookies in food processor until fine crumbs form. Transfer to medium bowl; mix in butter. Press onto bottom of 13x9-inch dish. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- BEAT cream cheese, sugar, and 2 Tbsp. milk in medium bowl until blended. Stir in finely crushed candy canes. Add 1 cup COOL WHIP; mix well. Spread over crust.
- BEAT pudding mixes and remaining milk with whisk 2 min.; pour over cream cheese layer. Let stand 5 min. or until thickened. Placing in the freezer for an additional 10 minutes will make it easy to cover with COOL WHIP. Cover with remaining COOL WHIP.
- REFRIGERATE 4 hours. Top with coarsely crushed candy canes just before serving.
This is a great recipe to keep on hand at the holidays and beyond. Peppermint lovers can make it year round, but you can also omit the candy canes for a delicious chocolate dessert that is great in any season. It’s great to have recipes that are so simple, yet delicious, that can be made with little fuss. This is one you will want to make time and time again!
HEAD HERE FOR RECIPE!