Striped Delight, also called Chocolate Lasagna, is an easy and delicious no bake dessert packed full of layers of flavor. An Oreo cookie crust base is topped with a decadent cream cheese layer, followed by chocolate pudding and is finished off with fluffy whipped topping. Peppermint joins the party to make this the perfect make ahead holiday dessert!
Reasons You’ll Love This Recipe
Chocolate Lasagna – With all these delicious layers, it’s like eating a chocolate lasagna!
Make Ahead – This is the perfect make ahead dessert, helping you save time when entertaining during the holidays.
Easy As Pie – This dessert is incredibly easy to make, you can pull it together in a matter of minutes!
Sweet Peppermint – Thanks to crushed candy canes, this striped delight has a sweet minty spin. That said, you can leave them out if desired.
Serve It Up – Striped Delight is perfect for serving to a crowd, great for the holiday season.
This Chocolate And Peppermint Striped Delight is simple to make, requires no baking and it can be made ahead of time. It deliciously blends the holiday flavor of peppermint with the classic flavor of chocolate. Need to make something ahead of time? This is an ideal recipe to make in advance. It just might be the perfect holiday dessert!
Ingredients and Substitutions
Let’s discuss how to make this recipe, as well as the ingredients that are needed. If you *just* want the recipe itself, scroll down. The full printable recipe itself, with exact measurements and instructions, is found at the bottom of this page.
Cream Cheese – Make sure to use block cream cheese, not the type that comes in a tub. It’s also very important that the cream cheese is softened. Cold cream cheese tends to just turn lumpy and doesn’t want to blend well. If desired you can use low fat cream cheese.
Butter – Butter is used for making the crust. You can use salted or unsalted, but I prefer to go with salted in this recipe.
Oreos – Make sure to use the regular style Oreos, not the double stuffed. Feel free to use flavored Oreos if you find them. You do not need to remove the filling from the cookies, just crush them up whole.
Pudding – Make sure to grab the Instant style chocolate pudding. This is another place you can get creative if you find a fun flavor you’d like to use other than chocolate.
Cool Whip – Cool Whip is perfect in this recipe. That said, if you prefer you can use homemade whipped cream.
Candy Canes – You can crush your own candy canes, or buy pre-crushed candy canes. If you crush your own candy canes, I like to shake them through a fine mesh strainer. This helps to separate the finely crushed candy to use in the recipe, and the more coarsely chopped candy for topping. If you’d prefer to NOT have the peppermint flavor, you can leave the candy canes out. Use shaved chocolate, cookie crumbs or sprinkles on top instead.
How To Make Striped Delight
- Run cookies through the food processor until fine crumbs form.
- Combine crumbs with melted butter and mix.
- Press cookie crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Place pan in the fridge to chill while you make the remaining components of the recipe.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and milk in a medium size bowl until well blended. Stir in finely crushed candy canes.
- Add 1 cup of Cool Whip to the cream cheese mixture. Gently fold in.
- Spread peppermint cream cheese mixture over the prepared cookie crust. Return pan to the refrigerator, or the freezer if you have space, for five minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat together pudding mixes and milk.
- Pour or spread pudding over the cream cheese layer. Return pan to the refrigerator, or the freezer if you have space, for five minutes.
- Top with remaining Cool Whip topping. Chill for at least four hours in the refrigerator or one hour in the freezer.
- Sprinkle with coarsely crushed candy canes just prior to serving. You can place them on sooner, but often the red coloring in the candy canes will run onto the whipped topping after a little while.
Recipe Tips and Advice
- Storage – This chocolate striped delight can be stored for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator, or for up to two months in the freezer.
- Slice It Up – For easy cutting, place your chocolate lasagna in the freezer for an hour prior to cutting and serving.
- Cookie Crumbs – If you don’t have a food processor, you can place your Oreos in a Ziploc freezer bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
Minus The Mint
While this no-bake recipe is great when made with candy canes, you can absolutely leave them out! Skip them in the cream cheese layer, and replace them with things like chocolate shavings, chocolate chips or cookie crumbs on top.
More Recipes To Try
If you enjoy this recipe, here are more recipes I think you’ll enjoy!
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Oreo Dirt Cake
- Elf Dessert Dip
- Easy Oreo Cheesecake Bars
- Coconut Cream Cheesecake Bars
Chocolate And Peppermint Striped Delight
- 36 Chocolate Sandwich Cookies (Oreos) Approximately 3 cups of crumbs
- 6 tablespoons Butter melted
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup finely crushed candy canes
- 2 tablespoons cold milk
- 12 ounces COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided z.
- 7.8 ounces JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding this is two 3.9 ounce boxes of pudding
- 3 1/4 cups cold milk
- 1/4 cups coarsely crushed candy canes
- Process cookies in food processor until fine crumbs form. Transfer to medium bowl; mix in butter. Press onto bottom of 13×9-inch dish. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and 2 Tbsp. milk in medium bowl until blended. Stir in finely crushed candy canes. Add 1 cup COOL WHIP; mix well. Spread over crust. Chill in refrigerator or freezer for 5 minutes.
- Beat pudding mixes and remaining milk with whisk 2 min.; pour over cream cheese layer. Let stand 5 min. or until thickened. Placing in the freezer for an additional 10 minutes will make it easy to cover with COOL WHIP.
- Cover with remaining COOL WHIP.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours, or freeze for at least 1 hour. Top with coarsely crushed candy canes just before serving.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.