Slow Cooker Ranch Pork Chops – A hassle free way to enjoy succulent pork chops with plenty of zesty ranch flavor! Made with ranch dressing mix and bone-in chops, this easy pork recipe is sure to become a family favorite.
Reasons To Make Ranch Pork Chops:
- Hidden Valley Ranch adds instant flavor to pork chops in a single step!
- Crock pot cooking method means you only spend a few minutes preparing a nourishing homemade meal. No standing over the stove required to cook these pork chops to perfection.
- Kid friendly and adult approved, these pork chops satisfy everyone in the family.
- The ingredients are affordable and easy to find in any grocery store. In fact, you probably have everything you need to make this recipe for dinner tonight!
Slow Cooker Ranch Pork Chops
When it comes to pork recipes, I can never have enough. Pork Tenderloin shows up often on our dinner table and I always keep pork sausage around to add quick flavorful protein to everything from pasta to soup.
Pork Chops have long been a favorite main dish of mine, too. I love them best when they are smothered in a creamy gravy and accompanied by something with a hint of apple flavor. With this Ranch Pork Chops recipe, you cook the apple right in with the pork chops. A packet of ranch dressing mix adds all the seasoning you need! Time saving, delicious and oh so easy.
What else makes this dinner ultra simple? My beloved slow cooker.
Cooking pork chops in the slow cooker for several hours helps them reach peak flavor and tenderness–all without needing to stand over the stove or keep an eye on them in the oven. This means I can help the kids with school work and attempt to make a dent in my to-do list while dinner cooks.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Slow Cooker Ranch Pork Chops start with bone-in pork chops. A 4 ingredient seasoning approach imbibes the chops with flavor as they cook: ranch dressing dry mix, flour, apple and onion.
Finally, you top everything off with a rich and creamy gravy! The best gravies are the simplest and this is no different. All you need is some chicken broth, flour and butter to add an irresistible sauce to your Ranch Pork Chops.
How To Make
The first step to making tender ranch pork chops is dredging the meat in a mixture of ranch dressing mix and flour. Put the seasoned pork chops on a bed of chopped apple and onion, cover everything with broth and let it cook for 4 hours.
Once the pork chops are done and removed, you add the remaining gravy ingredients to the crock pot with the broth, whisk and simmer until everything is thick and heated through. Ladle that delicious gravy over the Ranch Pork Chops and you have one tasty dinner!
- Use the dry salad dressing mix not the seasoning that comes in the shaker for this recipe.
- To store the cooked pork chops, wrap them in plastic or foil before adding the gravy. Then, place in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Want more tips and tricks for cooking pork? Check out my full Guide to Pork!
Side Dishes To Pair With Pork Chops
- Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes – since your crockpot is already in use, just make these when you are ready to eat and skip adding them to the slow cooker.
- Rice – when it comes to a super quick and easy side, it’s hard to beat rice, and it pairs so wonderfully with the ranch sauce.
- Jiffy Cornbread – you simply cannot go wrong pairing your pork chops with a slice of this amazing cornbread, it’s my all time favorite!
- Cheddar Bay Biscuits – these go with anything, but they are particularly well suited with this dish.
Crock Pot Pork Chops Recipe
Crockpot Ranch Pork Chops
- 4 bone-in pork chops approximately 1" thick
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Ranch Seasoning / Salad Dressing Dry Mix
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 1 apple peeled, cored and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp butter salted or unsalted
- Prepare slow cooker by wiping with a light coating of oil or spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine flour with ranch seasoning mix and set aside 2 tbsp of the mixture. Spread remaining onto a shallow plate. Dredge pork chops in flour and ranch mixture, on both sides. Shake off any excess.
- Spread apples and onions over the bottom of the slow cooker. Place pork chops on top of apple and onions, then pour broth into the bottom of the pot. Cover and cook on low for four hours, or until tender throughout.
- Remove pork chops, cover with foil to maintain heat, and set aside. Stir in remaining flour mixture, and butter, and mix well to combine. Simmer in slow cooker for an additional 10-15 minutes. Pour mixture over the pork chops and serve immediately.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
I would love to use more of your recipes, but so much nutritional information is missing that I can’t accurately count calories. I realize that calories and other nutritional specifics aren’t important to everyone, but they are to my husband and me. We are both trying to lose weight. Please also include calories per serving and what counts as a serving. Thank you
Christi Johnstone says
Hi Barbara, on each recipe in recent years, including this one, I provide the following at the bottom of the recipe card (right above where you left your reply) Number of Servings, Calories, Carbohydrates, Protein, Fat, Saturated Fat, Cholesterol, Sodium, Potassium, Fiber, Sugar, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium, and Iron at the bottom of the recipe card.
I’m not sure how much more information one would expect, but this is the extent of what I offer. Anything further then that I’d suggest you use an online calculator, probably something handy for someone who wants this info for all recipes. Enjoy the free recipes!
Can you make this with pork tenderloin?
Christi Johnstone says
I haven’t tried so I can’t speak to cook temps or times.