The Disney Dole Whip Recipe just might be one of the most delicious parts of the Disney Parks. While you can’t head to Disneyland every time the family craves their amazing treats, but, you can make them at home! In less time than it takes to stand in a concession stand line, you can make this classic frozen dessert yourself. Your friends and family will cheer when you bring a little bit of Disney magic to their day!
Reasons We Love This Recipe
- It’s Disney Inspired. Bring your kids something from Disney without leaving the house. Everyone will love it.
- Nothing is more delicious than this Dole Whip ice cream treat. Made with fresh fruit, vanilla ice cream, and pineapple juice, you just can’t beat the flavor.
- This recipe is a perfect summer snack. When the weather gets hot, this chilly treat is sure to cool everyone down.
Disneyland Dole Whip Recipe
A Disney Dole Whip is one of the delicious treats that makes Disney such a magical place to visit. It’s a frozen pineapple soft serve ice cream that can be bought in various areas of Disney theme parks. With this recipe, you can enjoy this delicious treat outside of the park.
How To Make Dole Whip
This magical treat is so easy to make that you will be able to whip it up in no time at all!
Let’s discuss how to make this Disney Dole Whip recipe, and well as the ingredients that are needed. Please take note that below you will find discussion of the ingredients, a walk through the instructions, expert tips, and answers to frequently asked questions about the recipe. The full printable recipe itself, with exact measurements and instructions, is found at the bottom of this page.
- Pineapple juice: Adding pineapple juice will give your soft serve a delicious pineapple flavor. It also helps to make it have more of a soft serve texture than a traditional ice cream texture.
- Frozen pineapple: If you can’t find frozen pineapple, you can use canned pineapple instead.
- Ice cream: Vanilla ice cream pairs perfectly with the pineapple in this recipe.
- Powdered sugar: Powdered sugar helps to offset the tartness of the pineapple. If desired, you can leave it out.
Steps To Take
Start with a good blender. To really blend those pineapple chunks, you will need a powerful blender. Pour in your pineapple juice and frozen pineapple chunks into the blender and pulse the ingredients until they are fully combined.
Once the pineapple chunks and juice are combined, add the ice cream and powdered sugar to the blender. Blend it all together until it’s smooth and creamy.
Finally, you will scoop your dole whip into a cup or bowl. To prevent it from melting, make sure you serve it right away.
Piping Your Pineapple Dole Whip
If you want the soft swirled look, you can pipe your Dole Whip. To do this, you will need to add ice and powdered sugar to thicken it since it is not being made in a soft serve machine. Add ¼ cup of powdered sugar and 1 ½ cups of ice to the recipe. Blend it completely. Then, place it in the freezer for an hour. Once it has set a bit, you can place it in a piping bag to pipe your whip into a swirl.
- Make it into a float. If you want to add a little twist to this recipe, you can make it into a float by pouring pineapple juice or lemon lime soda over your whip.
- Don’t worry about swirling it. While it looks pretty, you can absolutely skip piping your Disney Dole Whip. Like any frozen treat, it melts quickly, especially in the summer. I recommend just scooping it right into a bowl and enjoying that way.
- Make sure chunks are thoroughly blended. If you choose to pipe this whip, the chunks need to be completely blended otherwise they will get stuck in the piping bag.
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.)
- How can I store leftovers? This recipe is best when eaten fresh. However, if you have leftovers, you can place them in a freezer bag for up to a week. When you want to serve it, you can break it up again in your blender.
- How do I soften up leftovers? Once you place the whip in the freezer, it will get hard. To soften up your ice cream, you can add a little more pineapple juice.
- Can I make this dole whip recipe dairy free? Absolutely! If you want to make it dairy free, use coconut milk in place of the ice cream and freeze for about 60 minutes. Keep in mind the consistency will be thinner.
- Can I add banana? Why not?! I have actually tried this recipe with bananas as well and it was delicious.
- What can I do if my blender won’t blend it? If you don’t have a powerful blender, it may have a tough time blending this. I would recommend partially thawing the pineapple, cutting it into small bits, and using more pineapple juice to get it to blend. It may make more of a smoothie consistency, but you can freeze it for an hour or so to give it the right consistency. Another option would be to try it in your food processor.
- Do I have to add extra sugar? Absolutely not! You can adjust the amount of sugar or you can leave the sugar completely out. I like the powdered sugar because it offsets the tartness of the pineapple.
More Delicious Recipes To Try
If you enjoy this easy Disney Dole Whip recipe, here are some other great recipes to try!
Frozen Treats and Ice Cream Recipes
- Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Dark Chocolate Ice Cream
- Homemade Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- Chocolate Malt Milkshake
- S’mores Ice Cream
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Frozen Pina Colada Recipe
- Pineapple Cranberry Cooler
- Ambrosia Fruit Salad
- Huli Huli Chicken
- Pina Colada Pie
- Pineapple Dump Cake
Disney Inspired Recipes
Disney Dole Whip Recipe
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 tsp powdered sugar optional
- Using a powerful blender, pour in 1/2 cup of the pineapple juice into the blender, then add frozen pineapple chunks on top and blend together. If you have a pulse function, pulse the ingredients until well blended. If you don't have a pulse function, make sure to stir and loosen the pineapple chunks in between turning the blender on and off to get the pineapple to fully blend down.
- Pour remaining pineapple juice into the blender, blend. Add ice cream and powdered sugar and blend together until smooth.
- Scoop your Dole Whip into a cup or bowl and serve immediately.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.