Muddy Buddies are a delicious bite-size snack that are impossible to resit. A mouthwatering combination of sweet, crunchy and creamy, if you haven’t tried a muddy buddy recipe, you are in for a treat! Chex cereal, chocolate, peanut butter and powdered sugar are the basis for this tempting snack, but the sky is the limit when it comes to adding your own creative additions!
Muddy Buddy Recipe
Reasons To Make This Chex Muddy Buddies
- When it comes to quick and easy, no-bake sweet treats, they are a classic choice.
- Not only are muddy buddies easy, they are quick! Less than 15 minutes, start to finish.
- This melt-in-your-mouth snack is gluten free!
- It’s easy to dress up your muddy buddies for any holiday or occasion. Get creative with your mix-ins!
To celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, my daughter wanted to whip up some Leprechaun Bait. Not to spoil the mystery, but Leprechaun Bait is basically just muddy buddies with the addition of Lucky Charms marshmallows, chocolate covered pretzels and some green M&Ms candies.
Sometimes referred to as Puppy Chow, one of the best things about this recipe is how flexible it is. You can add almost any sweet or salty bite-size snack to the mix. Nuts, candies, trail mix, cereal, pretzels, sprinkles, marshmallows… the list of ways to personalize your muddy buddies is almost endless!
This is such a great recipe to make with the kids. It’s easy and the microwave is the only heating element used. If you are looking for something quick to whip up with the kids, this is a great option!
More Snack Mix Recipes
More St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
- Pretzel Bites
- Chocolate Pretzels
- Green Velvet Cupakes
- Jelly Bean Bark
- Green Velvet Cake Pops
- Grasshopper Pie
- Green Ombre Rice Krispies Treats
- 9 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 cup white chocolate chips almond bark works as well
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup Lucky Charms Marshmallows
- 1 cup small white chocolate covered pretzels
- 1/2 cup green M&Ms
- Pour cereal into a very large mixing bowl, then set aside.
- In a microwave safe dish, combine white chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Microwave on high for one minute, then remove from microwave and stir well. If mixture can not be stirred smooth, return to microwave for 15 seconds, remove and stir well. If still not smooth, repeat process in 15 second heat and stir intervals. Add vanilla and stir.
- Pour melted mixture over cereal in large bowl and stir to coat. Add a portion of the coated cereal to a Ziploc style freezer bag and add 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Shake gently until well coated. Remove coated muddy buddies and repeat process until all pieces are coated with powdered sugar. Spread onto a baking sheet to allow to cool.
- Once cool, add Lucky Charms Marshmallows, pretzels and M&Ms candies (or other mix ins). Gently stir to combine. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Leave a Reply