Peach Dump Cake is a delightful dessert where juicy peaches are baked with box cake mix creating a peach cobbler dump cake that everyone will love. When it comes to easy peach desserts, it doesn’t get any easier than this Peach Dump Cake Recipe!
It may taste like summer, but since this Peach Cobbler Dump Cake uses canned peaches you can make it all year long. No need to wait for peach season to enjoy this peachy keen dessert.
Reasons You’ll Love This
Comfort Food Classic – If you are craving comfort food, this recipe hits the spot.
Pantry Friendly – You only need four ingredients. If you keep a can of peaches and cake mix on hand, you’ll be ready to make a delicious peach dump cake at the drop of a hat
Dump It – No bowl required, the entire recipe comes together right in the baking pan. Easy clean up!
Quick and Easy – You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time when Peach Dump Cake is on your dessert menu.
Kids Love It – It’s so easy to make that it’s a fantastic recipe for making with the kids, even little ones can handle this one.
Fan Favorite – This is a crowd pleaser, especially when served warm with a scoop of ice cream on top. Any dessert that you can use as a vehicle for ice cream is going to be a guaranteed hit at my house!
This is one of the tastiest, easy peach dessert recipes I’ve tried. Sweet and juicy peaches are made even better with the addition of cinnamon and the buttery cake crumb. This dump cake is the perfect blend of cake and cobbler.
Let’s discuss how to make Peach Dump Cake, as well as the ingredients that are needed. Please take note that below you will find discussion, expert tips, and answers to frequently asked questions about this recipe to help you recreate it in your kitchen. If you *just* want the recipe itself, scroll down. The full printable recipe itself, with exact measurements and instructions, is found at the bottom of this page.
- Canned Peaches – Look for the kind in heavy syrup. You can also substitute peach pie filling here.
- Yellow Cake Mix – White cake mix can substitute if necessary but I prefer the taste of the yellow cake here.
- Butter – I recommend unsalted but salted will work too. Make sure to soften it before adding to the recipe.
- Cinnamon – The final touch that makes the peach flavor shine even brighter!
Step By Step Instructions
- Grease a 9×13 cake pan and preheat your oven to 350°F. Dump the entire can of peaches with the syrup into the bottom of the pan.
- Add the cinnamon to the box of cake mix, then sprinkle the cake mix over the top of the peaches evenly.
- Slice your butter into even pads, then cover the top of the cake mix completely. Add some extra cinnamon on top if you’d like.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the cake mix topping looks golden brown. Scoop the cake straight out of the baking dish, top with ice cream and enjoy it warm!
Tips And Advice
Storage – Allow the dump cake to cool completely before covering and storing. Store it at room temperature for the first day, then in the fridge for the remaining 3 days. Reheat in the microwave.
For this recipe you’ll need a 9×13 baking dish, and some utensils to help you even everything out. That’s it! That’s how easy this is.
MAke with kids!
This recipe is a great one to make with the kids. Between its simple ingredients and limited measuring, it’s one they can really feel successful with. The cake you see here was actually made by my ten year old daughter.
I love the name “dump cake” because it’s almost comically accurate; you’re literally dumping everything into one pan, sticking it in the oven and calling it a day!
This dump cake reminds me a lot of Peach Cobbler or a peach crisp. It’s the kind of cake you eat in a big bowl with a spoon. Add some vanilla ice cream on top or a hearty helping of whipped cream and you have a dessert that amounts to summer in a bowl.
Recipes You’ll Love
As much as I love baking from scratch, sometimes a girl needs a recipe that requires little to no mental or physical effort–and as few dishes to wash as possible, if you please. Check out a few more of these fruit-filled, easy dump and go desserts you’re gonna love!
- Strawberry Dump Cake
- Pineapple Dump Cake
- Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
- Blackberry Cobbler
- Apple Cobbler
- Blueberry Dump Cake
- Blueberry Buckle
- Bisquick Strawberry Shortcake
- Mixed Berry Crumble Bars
- Peach Cobbler Made With Canned Peaches
Peach Dump Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 29 – 32 oz. can peaches in heavy syrup or peach pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Dump the whole can of peaches into the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over the peaches. Dot the top of the cake mix with pats of butter. Sprinkle cinnamon evenly over ingredients.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes or until the top looks golden brown. Remove and let cool for a few minutes. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.