This delicious and easy pecan pie recipe without corn syrup is perfect for your Thanksgiving dessert table. Your friends and family will be asking for a second slice, as well as the recipe. A must make Thanksgiving recipe, this easy pecan pie recipe takes just minutes to prepare. If you prefer a pecan pie without corn syrup, this recipe is perfect for you. Chocolate chips can even be added to create a scrumptious chocolate pecan pie.
EASY PECAN PIE RECIPE
If you are looking for a delicious and easy pecan pie recipe, or a pecan pie without corn syrup, you are in luck!
I was never much of a pecan pie fan until I made this pie. Hands down this is the best easy pecan pie recipe I’ve ever tried! This might just be my favorite Thanksgiving recipe on the site! Pecan pie is sweet. I mean, REALLY sweet. Even for those of us with one heck of a sweet tooth, pecan pie can sometimes be too much.
Pecan Pie Without Corn Syrup
While trying to create a pecan pie that wasn’t so over the top SWEET, I tried making a pecan pie with agave syrup. I found that using agave syrup resulted in a pecan pie that was slightly less sweet, with a greater depth of favor.
Don’t have agave syrup? Your local store most likely carries it, but you can also use MAPLE SYRUP in this recipe in it’s place. It was just what I was looking for. This pecan pie recipe without corn syrup has turned out to be one of my all time favorite recipes.
Make sure you check out the video to see how to make pecan pie and just how easy it is!
This time around I made that same pie, but added in some dark chocolate chips. The addition of dark chocolate chips perfectly balances the sweetness. Chocolate pecan pie. It’s divine. I can’t wait for you to try it.
At first my husband gave me some serious side eye on the dark chocolate chips in his pecan pie.
Then he tried it, and it all made sense. That handful of just bitter enough dark chocolate chips balanced out some of the sweetness, and the result is fantastic. Even a semi-sweet chocolate chip will work. Avoid milk chocolate though, it will just add to the sweetness.
For those who aren’t big on using corn syrup, this pecan pie recipe without corn syrup is a fabulous option, and it’s every bit as easy.
Prior to this easy pecan pie recipe, I had never used agave syrup. So if you aren’t familiar agave syrup, don’t worry. It really is just a simple replacement for corn syrup in pecan pie. While I don’t use it often, it is now our go to for Thanksgiving pecan pies.
How To Make Pecan Pie
Let’s be honest, Thanksgiving prep can be stressful. I’m all for making it as easy as possible.
When I say that this is an easy pecan pie recipe, I’m not kidding!
We are talking no extra stress to your Thanksgiving prep, easy. You’ll be thrilled when you see how easy this recipe is to make.
Ingredients At A Glance
The ingredients you need to make this easy pecan pie recipe include:
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Agave Syrup (or Pure Maple Syrup)
- Chocolate Chips
- 9″ Deep Dish Pie Crust
1. Start by combining butter and brown sugar on the stove.
2. To that mixture you add agave syrup, vanilla and salt.
3. Then mix in with eggs and pour over your pecans and chocolate chips.
4. Bake. Cool. ENJOY YOUR PECAN PIE!
Pecan Pie Pie Crust
One shortcut I typically take with my pies is to use pre-made refrigerated pie crusts. I’m a big fan of the refrigerated Pillsbury pie crusts that come in a red box.
If however you’d like to make one from scratch, I like this pie crust recipe.
Blind Baking The Pie Crust
While I am normally all about cutting every corner I can to save time, due to the liquid nature of the pecan pie filling, blind baking your crust is a good idea.
That said, because the crust will be going back in the oven to bake with the filling, I typically only blind back for HALF the time typically suggested.
Does Pecan Pie Need To Be Refrigerated
In theory, pecan pie does not need to be refrigerated.
I highly recommend that you do store your pecan pie in the refrigerator.
More Thanksgiving Pie Recipes
Here are more great Thanksgiving pie recipes to try!
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie Bars
- Easy Pumpkin Pie
- Butterscotch Pumpkin Pie
- Pecan Pie Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- Individual Pumpkin Pies
- Sweet Potato Pie
- Apple Pie
My Best Thanksgiving Recipes, Tips & Tricks can be found HERE.
Easy Pecan Pie Recipe Without Corn Syrup
Easy Pecan Pie Recipe
- Pie Pan
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar light or dark, packed
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup agave syrup* I use Agave In The Raw, another option would be pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 cups pecans
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 9" deep dish pie crust homemade or store bought, partially blind baked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour pecans and chocolate chips into prepared pie crust and spread out. Place pie plate with crust, chocolate chips and pecans onto a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt your butter. Once butter is melted, add brown sugar and stir until mixture is well combined. Remove from heat. Add in your vanilla, salt and Agave In The Raw, stirring until well combined. In a separate large bowl, gently beat the eggs. Add mixture in the saucepan to the egg mixture, stir to combine the two mixtures. Pour mixture over pecans in pie crust.
- Place pie plate (on baking sheet) into oven and bake until the filling is set, approximately 50-60 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least one hour prior to serving. Store tightly covered.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Make sure to try all the pie recipes here at Love From The Oven!
I hope you LOVE this pie! You can also make it without the chocolate chips, as I did here.
If you love this recipe, make sure to check out my Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie Bars. These are fantastic, everyone always wants the recipe!
Need an easy pumpkin pie recipe? This is my go to pumpkin pie recipe for Thanksgiving.