If you love pecan pie and you love chocolate, then wait until you try these chocolate chip pecan pie bars! Pecan pie is really a thing of beauty. One of those indulgences that you don’t have often, and savor when you do. It is so rich and decadent and over the top in the very best way. Because it is so rich, I love making it in bar form, where you can cut the bars into little bite size pieces.
Oh, and I like to throw chocolate chips in, because, well, chocolate chips make everything even more amazing. So Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie Bars are where it’s at my friends.
As much I love pecans, I don’t bake with them off due to my daughter’s tree nut allergy. Luckily she has never had a reaction from being around nuts (only from ingesting them) so while we can have them in the house, I always feel a little guilty making some delicious dessert that she can’t have. Given she is away on an amazing school field trip for a few days, it’s time for me to get my nut filled baking in.
Well that and I need something comforting to eat while I’m crying over her growing up so fast and going away on big school field trips out of state without her mother. I think can worry and miss her more effectively while eating dessert. Because that’s what moms do. Worry, while being happy for the exciting adventures our kiddos have. Without us. Wahhhhhh!!!! So, yeah, chocolate is needed… Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie Bars anyone?
CHOCOLATE CHIP PECAN PIE BARS
Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie Bars
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, cold, chopped into approximately 1/4" size pieces
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a 13"x9" pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a food processor (or with pastry cutter / pastry blender), combine flour, butter and brown sugar until a dough becomes crumbly and starts to stick together. Gently press into baking pan.
- Bake crust layer for approximately 13 minutes or until very lightly browned. Remove from oven.
- In a mixer bowl, combine eggs, corn syrup, sugar and vanilla extract. Stir in melted butter, followed by pecans an chocolate chips. Stir until well combined.
- Pour mixture onto crust layer. Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until browned and set. Cool completely. Cut and serve.
Recipe adapted from Nestle.
Add these to your holiday baking list. You’ll be glad you did. 🙂
Love bar recipes? Here are a few others you might enjoy!