Not too sweet but plenty flavorful, Crock Pot Creamed Corn will be a hit this Thanksgiving. Whether you love creamed corn or usually steer clear of it, you’ll love this fresh take on the classic side dish. Best of all, it takes only a few minutes of preparation! This recipe is mostly hands off, letting you focus on the rest of the meal.
Crock Pot Creamed Corn
Cream Corn can be a polarizing dish. Some people love it in all of its forms while others find its sweetness overpowering. This creamed corn recipe? It can win over even the most avid creamed corn haters. Believe me. I made this recipe last Thanksgiving and three different people who said they hated creamed corn LOVED this dish. My self-avowed cream corn enthusiasts also enjoyed it. Slow Cooker Creamed Corn is magical that way.
Unlike traditional creamed corn, this one doesn’t use too much sugar. I’ve seen other versions that call for tons and tons of cream cheese which can be overwhelming. The beauty of this recipe is that it uses just the right balance of butter, cream cheese and sugar for an irresistible corn side dish.
How to Make Creamed Corn
Almost even creamier than traditional versions, this slow cooker creamed corn couldn’t be any easier to make. You just pour all the ingredients in the Crockpot and go. You’ll love having one less side dish to hassle with on Thanksgiving day.
Ingredients At A Glance (Full Printable Recipe Below)
- Corn (Canned or Frozen)
- Half and Half (or milk or cream)
- Cream Cheese
Looking for more Thanksgiving recipes to add to your table? Give these side dishes and desserts a try, too. . .
Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes:
- Crockpot Mashed Potatoes
- Homemade Green Bean Casserole
- Crockpot Sweet Potato Casserole
- Easy Macaroni and Cheese
- Easy Glazed Carrots
- Sweet Tooth Salad
- Kid Friendly Charcuterie
Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes:
- Libby’s Pumpkin Pie
- Apple Pie Cheesecake Bars
- Apple Cobbler Recipe
- Pumpkin Bars With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Butterscotch Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- Gingerbread Bars With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie Bars
- Mini Pumpkin Pie
Crock Pot Creamed Corn
- Slow Cooker
- 32 oz whole kernel corn (drained if using can, thawed if using frozen) approximately 2 bags frozen, or 2 cans
- 1/2 cup half and half cream or milk can also be used
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 6 oz cream cheese, cubed use block cream cheese, not tub
- 1/4 cup butter cut into small pieces
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker, and give a stir to combine.
- Cook in a slow cooker on high heat for 2-3 hours. Remove lid and stir well to combine. Cook for another 15 minutes.
- Turn off slow cooker and allow to sit for 15 minutes. Give a stir then it's ready to serve.